SURVIVOR: The Grand Champion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i wouldn't mind heading up a poll survivor of some sort. this way i can post a poll and close the thread when it's done. :wink:

so i've seen suggestions for worst song and best video. which one would everyone rather do?

That'd be great if you could, KhanadaRhodes. Personally, I'd like to vote on worst song ... seems like we're going to need a poll just to work out what to vote on!

How would you do worst song? List everything they've ever done and start voting off one at a time, or take nominations and have a qualifying round first? :huh: That would be a monumental task with more spaces than the poll allows. How would we go about narrowing it down to 30 choices? Well you guys figure it out.

I would glady host a poll survivor for best/worst video. I think there are no more than 30 of those.

Yeah I'd rather do videos... voting for worst song is so negative & seems a little counterproductive lol.

plus videos gives me a reason to rewatch them all :drool:

Okay, cool! I'll make the first round once I get a good list of everything everybody wants in it. If I leave anything out please tell me!

First, how far back? Do we skip stuff like Life on a Distant Planet? Do we leave out side projects and only do official releases by U2?
What do you say? How about live stuff? I don't care, I'll put in anything you guys want as long as it doesn't go over 30.

I Will Follow
Stories for Boys
Gloria
Fire
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Two Hearts
The Unforgettable Fire (carnival and snow version!)
Pride version 1 and 2
A Sort of Homecoming
Bad (live? which version?)
WOWY
ISFWILF
Streets
IGC and RHMT? unofficial?
AIWIY
WLCTT
Angel of Harlem
Desire
Night and Day(????)
EBTTRT
The Fly
One (bar, drag and buffalo)
Mysterious Ways
WGRYWH
Stay
Lemon
Numb
HMTMKMKM(???)
Miss Sarajevo(???)
Discotheque
Please
IGWSHA
LNOE
SATS (Miami or other?)
TGBHF
Beautiful Day
Stuck (football or van?)
Walk On (Rio or people?)
Elevation
THTBA
Electrical Storm

Okay do we stick with 'real' videos or get into other stuff, or put the 'other' in another contest like Dave did with b sides and misc? How about that?

1. I Will Follow
2. Gloria
3. Two Hearts
4. NYD
5. UF
6. Pride version 1
7. WOWY
8. Streets
9. ISHWILF
10. AIWIY
11. Desire
12. Angel of Harlem
13. The Fly
14. MW
15. EBTTRT
16. WGRYWH
17. One drag
18. One bar
19. Numb
20. Stay
21. Lemon
22. HMTKMKMKM
23. LNOE
24. Discotheque
25. Please
26. SATS
27. Beautiful Day
28. Stuck (European version, not football)
29. Elevation
30. Electrical Storm

How's this list? I tried to leave it at 30 and leave off things that weren't 'official' or things I thought would lose right away anyway. Is this okay or please say what should be changed?

Last edited:
ISHFWILF: Vegas, right? Not rooftop?

SBS Red Rocks & The Sweetest Thing would be nice too.. but it's hard to keep the list to 30! :crazy:

arw9797 said:

:eyebrow: So Dave's not the host anymore?

Well, he's more than welcome to do it if he wants. Several people asked him but when he didn't respond I guess we all thought he wasn't interested. Some of the guys asked if a Premium member could do it in so it could be in poll form.

Olive- I forgot about ST! :der: Yes it is hard to keep it to 30 :scream:

:ohmy: no Sweetest Thing???? Blasphemy! I think you should up it to 35 and add both STATS, Walk On, Beautiful Day, and Stuck videos.

I'd like to have more but the forum limits polls to 30 items. Maybe we can take out LNOE and add ST?

Why not break the videos down by era? It would be easier for a voter to manage a list of maybe ten to twelve, rather than 30 or 35.

You could classify it like this:

Early years (Life On A Distant Planet, I Will Follow, New Year's Day, Unforgettable Fire, etc.)

Joshua Tree - Achtung Baby (Streets, AIWIY, The Fly, etc)

Zooropa - ATYCLB (Lemon, Discotheque, Beautiful Day, etc.)

Miscellaneous (Sweetest Thing, Night and Day, TGBHF, etc.)

And if you wanted to you could square all the winners off in a final round to determine which is the best. What do you think?

Okay, then make an official list of everything that could be on each category. Only problem is, it might not be fair in the playoff rounds, like, facing AB stuff against Boy stuff, you know who's going to win. But that would make the rounds more fun. Well let's get suggestions. As long as it's fun and no one gets sore it's okay.

Early Years
Stories For Boys
I Will Follow
Gloria
Fire
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Two Hearts Beat as One
The Unforgettable Fire
Pride (Version 1)
Pride (Version 2)
A Sort of Homecoming
Bad

Joshua Tree - Achtung Baby
Where the Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven?t Found What I?m Looking For
With or Without You
Desire
When Love Comes to Town
All I Want is You
The Fly
Even Better Than the Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
One (Bar Version)
One (Drag Version)
Who?s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

Zooropa - ATYCLB
Lemon
Numb
Stay
Discotheque
Staring at the Sun (Not Miami version)
Last Night on Earth
Please
If God Will Send His Angels
Beautiful Day (Airport Version)
Stuck In a Moment (Football Version)
Stuck In a Moment (Good Version :wink: )
Walk On (Not Rio Version)
Elevation

Miscellaneous
Life on a Distant Planet
One Tree Hill (Live Version)
The Sweetest Thing
Night and Day
One (Buffalo Version)
Until the End of the World
Love is Blindness (From Numb Video Single)
Numb (EBN Version)
HMTMKMKM
Miss Sarajevo
Staring at the Sun (Miami Version)
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
Beautiful Day (EZE Version)
Stuck in a Moment (Elevation Boston DVD Version)
Walk On (Rio Version)
Electrical Storm
THTBA

I think this is mostly complete, but let me know of anything that I missed. I didn't include remix versions (except for the Numb EBN version and Elevation) because they make the Miscellaneous caegory too large, and I don't think they're very good (EBTTRT remix video, anyone?)

U2Kitten, I agree that the playoff rounds might not be fair, but isn't that what was done with the original survivor game?

Last edited:
Yes that's true, ThatGuy. I like your lists. It's a good idea on how to fit them all in and give everything a chance. We could put the early years winner against the misc. for the "AFC championship" and the JT/AB vs. Zooropa-now for "NFC championship" and then those winnners face in the final or "Super Bowl." We could give each round 3 days, is that okay?

If nobody has any objections, I'll make the first round tonight!

SURIVIVOR videos- round 1

Okay I'll go make it now.:wave:

I'm doing this round and I will do them all if no one else wants to, but if another premium member wants to take one of the rounds, just say so. ThatGuy's list is here.

Back
Top Bottom