Songs with Two Bonos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you talking about falsetto backing tracks? Where Bono sings both lead and backing vocals, and the backing vocal is him singing falsetto?

Most often (and on most of U2 songs) there are several vocal tracks. It happens to be more apparant on the songs mentioned above where he is singing a doubling track in a different key or octave.

Almost every song of theirs (and everybody's) has this. It is a recording standard.

Pero said:
Pride, Streets

I'm not talking about backing vocals or a chorus. Both of these songs do NOT have this "dual vocal" going on, where Bono sings the song in a lower key or octave and then in a higher key (but not falsetto).

"Babyface" is a good example. I wrote "Vertigo" above - my apologies - I meant "All Because of You". ABoY is another good example of the ENTIRE song being sung twice by Bono in two "different voices".

Much of Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car has two different vocal tracks, in two very different ranges.

namkcuR said:

No...the falsetto in the chorus isn't Bono. It's Edge.

are you completely sure, I can swear that the falsetto on the album is Bono's, but the live stuff was most definitely Edge *kind of a no-duh 'live' statement*

namkcuR said:

No...the falsetto in the chorus isn't Bono. It's Edge.

Live versions yes it's the Edge, album version it's Bono. I can't remember exactly where I read it, probably "U2 at the End of the World" where was talking he he recorded the falsetto part. I remember being suprised when I read it because I'd always assumed it was Edge.

Yeah definetly Bono singing falsetto in The Fly. That is for sure. I always remember Bono describing this as his fat lady voice, or something like that, at the time of the release of the song.

It's called double-tracking.

And there is no chance in hell that Edge sings on the album version of "The Fly." Just listen to it. Edge's falsetto isn't nearly that strong, studio or not.

Back
Top Bottom