Songs U2 have never played Live, that you would like to hear.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is a list of U2's Albums- and which tracks have never seen the light of a live show.

From U2 Faqs

• Boy- All have been Played
  • October- Stranger in a Strange Land, Is that All?
  • War- Drowning Man, The Refugee, Red Light
  • The Unforgettable Fire- Promenade, 4th of July, Elvis Presley and America
  • Wide Awake in America EP- The Three Sunrises, Love Comes Tumbling
  • The Joshua Tree- Red Hill Mining Town
  • Rattle and Hum- Heartland
  • Achtung Baby- Acrobat (was performed only in soundchecks and rehearsals for ZOOT, but never in an actual concert)
  • Zooropa- Some days are Better than others, The Wanderer
  • Pop- The Playboy Mansion (Snippets were sung after 'Streets' in some shows, but never the full song)
  • All That you Can't Leave Behind- Peace on Earth (Never the Full Song) When I Look at the World (Some snippets sung during Bad- Paddy) Grace
  • Best of 1990-2000- Electrical Storm

Take your pick! :)

I am really dissapointed with the Exclusion of the three songs from The Unforgettable Fire LP. As those three just happen to be three of my favourite U2 tracks from that album!

Last edited:
I feel live they should've played Promenade - 4th of July - Bad just like on UF. It works well on the album and I don't see why it wouldn't have live.

Is That All? probably would've been a good closer for the main set: "Is that all you want from me?" "No, give us an encore!"

Ok here is the info about Acrobat from what I remember.

It was done at the Hershey Rehersal but as it was stated earlier it couldnt be worked out so it was scrapped........I heard it was done in soundcheck at 1 of the Elevation Shows but thats just a rumor.

The Songs I wanna hear are as follows

Everlasting Love:*The B-side of this blew me away and I know it would be perfect live :D Im surprised they never attempted it in concert.

Its Christmas(Baby Please Come Home) It was done only once and if the tour goes close or into December they should try it again

Hallelujah(Here She Comes)another one that would be awesome to hear live.

Heartland (2 words OH DEFFINATELY!

Elvis Presley and America

Summer Rain:Could be a toned down Kite if they played it

Salome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Passengers Live!!!!

Definately wanna see So Cruel, Zooropa(Did they play that??) Also a COMPLETE version of Velvet Dress, Wild Honey would have been great to have been used more than once or twice. And to see them live WITH Brian Eno doing Slug, Blue Room etc...FOR SURE tops my list!!!

Sorry meant for this post to be in the "Songs youd most like to see live" thread...

Originally posted by wormwood in the wrong thread!

Definately wanna see So Cruel, Zooropa(Did they play that??) Also a COMPLETE version of Velvet Dress, Wild Honey would have been great to have been used more than once or twice. And to see them live WITH Brian Eno doing Slug, Blue Room etc...FOR SURE tops my list!!!

They certainly did So Cruel.
Zooropa began it's Concert Life during U2's British ZOO TV Shows (I think) but I don't think it was the whole song. Just started from
'...and I have no Compass, I have no map...'
How do you mean COMPLETE version of Velvet Dress? It sounded pretty complete to me, I loved the way they sometimes segued into that Song from 'Discotheque during the Popmart tour!

I definatley agree with you on Passengers Live! Your Blue Room is definetley one of my favourites and I'd love to hear that one live! Can just imagine the blue lights usually reserved for Bad and With or Without You before the song carefully slips into Streets!

Mm-mmm!

Last edited:
The mods will move it for you....

....and I'm glad you mentioned Slug. I'm not sure about it live, but it's one of my favorite songs!

Aaaaw, Crap. can someone remove my Quote three posts up, along with This one please?

Well exactly that pertaining to Velvet Dress...they would start on this whole verse/hook thing on it...and never build to Edges solo.(My favorite part of that one) And I think Zooropa was just a sample that played, before the intro to Zoo Station.

Aaaah. Of course! That Solo! I absolutley love that. Sounds awesome!

Back
Top Bottom