Songs that have made you cry . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my apologies to everyone with a loss, I hate to be bringing back bad memories, but I know how you feel. I lost my grandfather last month, and everyone in my family says that I have inherited all of his interests, especially music. I am the only family member (besides him) that showed any musical ability at all (he taught himself to play piano, I can play four instruments, including piano, and I sing in my church choir).
SYCMIOYO has really touched me, the whole "sing, you're the reason I sing" part but also because of many of the problems with MY father

See, I think SYCMIOYO can relate to anyone who likes to sing. because there is always some reason you sing, usually a person.

firstlove said:
my apologies to everyone with a loss

*Nods, :hug:s everyone who's lost somebody*

This isn't so much the case with "Sometimes..."-that song does make me cry, and cry pretty hard, as I said, but mainly just 'cause I think about all the stuff Bono's said about his relationship with his dad when I hear it and I just feel so bad for the guy. And the lyrics are just heartbreaking. But "Kite"...whenever I hear that song lately, I think of my grandma that I was really close to. Next year, it'll have been 10 years since she died, and the whole "I know that this is not goodbye" bit, when I hear that, it makes me think about whether or not she's still here in spirit, and has never truly "left" me, makes me wonder where she is (that whole "who's to say where the wind will take you" bit), and about possibly meeting up again someday, and all that other stuff. And I also wonder, if she is still out there somewhere, what she thinks of the kind of person I am now and everything, makes me wonder about what she'd say to me if she were alive today and so on. I'm getting a little sad just typing this out, but, yeah, that's what "Kite" has been making me think of lately.

Angela

Miracle Drug-

From the line "I am you and you are mine..." through the Edge's solo, I get teary-eyed every time. I think its Bono's melody and the way he's singing in the background behind the solo. Chills and watery eyes. Every time I hear it I remember why I fell in love with this band in the first place. In fact, when I heard it the first time I'd forgotten just how much I loved them.

No U2 song has ever made me cry.

But Mofo and Miami came close. I was about to cry because I couldn't believe U2 would actually hit rock bottom on their songwriting. Good thing they have recovered since.

Cheers,

J

Van Diemens Land - cause it makes me think of the bloody hard life some of my family have lived. Im very grateful to be alive in this century.

All I Want is You - painful song, been there done that. :|

Mofo - "looking for the father of my two little girls" - I feel the same way about myself, except as a mother.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom