Something new on the horizon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the Guitar Hero/Rock Band thing, much more likely Rock Band in my opinion, that would almost certainly be announced, if it were to come about, at E3 which takes place in LA during the week beginning Monday 6/14. Interstingly, U2 have a few days off around that time and are around the west coast. For me, we would certainly have heard something concrete about this by now if it were to come out this year. As for these 2 releases, I predict the Rose Bowl show on DVD and Blu-ray and a new album.

Rock Band 3 was just announced for 4th quarter this year, so if any U2: Rock Band game were being made it wouldn't come out until 2011 at the earliest, though an announcement at E3 would be fantastic. i hope if the band does do a video game they do it with Rock Band, as The Beatles: Rock Band was excellent. also, Dhani Harrison is working on Rock Band 3, which he claims will be much more realistic in terms of playing the instruments. but personally, all i really want is to see a super cool animation of the ZooTV stage.

Last night i had this dream, as i sometimes do, that im in a secret practice facility watching u2 rehearse behind locked doors. Its a large room that has a tiny scale stage with a small pit i think. Maybe its as big as a high school gymnasium, and they have a mini-claw in there. But its definitely a closed room...albeit a big one. So im in there in the pit watching u2 play new songs for the upcoming tour. What strikes me about the dream is how i automatically knew what the songs were even though i had never heard them before. One of them was "Every Breaking Wave", which sounded absolutely amazing. It was like Magnificent, except it really went somewhere instead of repeating the same chorus over and over again. And im a big fan of Magnificent.....but this song in my dream was like....oh yeah its the song you could hear as you pass from this world to the next. It brought new amazing colors to life. There's a ghost watching me as i type these words. It was the snow capped peak reflecting on the clear still lake with the brilliant sunset as a backdrop, with all the colors of the sky painted as blue and pink and orange in a nice mix of heaven and creation.

Edge kept playing his part as he walked around the ramp. Finally he noticed me, stopped and reached his hand out to me with the nicest smile. He called me "buddy" and asked how i was doing, and what i thought about the new song(s). I was blown away. He showed me around some of his guitars, equipment, i met Dallas (again) and maybe some other people. But mainly it was just Edge and I, we talked and had dinner and drinks even.

So finally i asked him the burning question, "are you guys going to release this album known as SOA?" And to that he said....well i think he said anyway.....NO. At least that's how i interpreted it. Im not really sure what his exact words were. I woke up thinking they would release something but not SOA. But yet, some of the very songs they had previously mentioned would be on SOA might be played on tour, since they were practicing them in front of me! Maybe they are just calling it something else?

Im not saying my dreams come true or anything like that. Even though sometimes they do, and i have some really wild "deja vu" moments as a result. Before i was having these wild dreams that were taking place out in the desert. I even wrote a story about it....or at least i tried to.....so i kept looking up pictures and some of the desert formations i had seen were in Utah. I think i had been there once as a kid, maybe 25-30 years ago. So i have this vacation planned for the first week of june, not sure where i was going to go but i wanted to go and see these mountains i had been dreaming about. Then out of the blue (at least to me anyway since i had no idea they were going to do this) u2 announces they are playing Salt Lake City on june 3rd. So of course i buy tickets, and im going to see these places i dreamed about on the way. Not sure what any of this means. I know nothing more than anyone else here, of course. But i do know this much...dreams are fun....especially mine.

O.O

That's one hell-uva dream!:ohmy: Sucks Edge said no.:angry: There's no fookin way I am NOT gonna hear EBW. If the only EBW I ever hear is the song I posted on YouTube I am gonna be uber pissed!:D

I have to say I'm with Niceman here, I'm very much a purist. I hate when I see some kid buy Grand Theft Auto, I'm like, you're such a poser go steal your own car and beat up a real hooker.

So lame, kids these days.

Exactly, And as for those who say that it's a "game": Is making actual music not fun? It's work to be in a band these days? In my experience there was nothing more fun!

I have to say I'm with Niceman here, I'm very much a purist. I hate when I see some kid buy Grand Theft Auto, I'm like, you're such a poser go steal your own car and beat up a real hooker.

So lame, kids these days.

HAHAHA :lmao:

Best laugh I've had today

Maybe. But I still think there's nothing lamer than spending hours and hours getting good at pretending to play guitar and never picking up an instrument......

Nothing lamer? Not one thing? How about people that carry hit-dice with them wherever they go? That's gotta be up there.

Also, have you been to Old Town Pasadena? The goings-on there are pretty lame, take it from me.

How about someone that beats a joke to death? That's pretty la....wait.

Maybe. But I still think there's nothing lamer than spending hours and hours getting good at pretending to play guitar and never picking up an instrument......

I Happen to like rockband a lot! There is nothing wrong with enjoying it as a game! It's quite fun and yes not like a real instrument but it is still a lot of fun in a different way! There is absolutely nothing lame about it IMHO.

Edit: Ofcourse if you spend 12hours a day playing it that might be a different story. But I love playing it with friends from time to time and even solo here and there!

how do i put this lightly? i'll try to be gentle.

don't be so fucking pretentious

shut up and let people have fun with what they have fun with

maybe i'll just quote nsw.

how do i put this lightly? i'll try to be gentle.

don't be so fucking pretentious

shut up and let people have fun with what they have fun with

maybe i'll just quote nsw.

People can have fun doing anything they want. It's my opinion that there's very little as lame as spending hours pretending to play a musical instrument when you could be really learning to play one and ACTUALLY rocking out?

Is that pretentious? Jesus, you have a low bar! :reject::lol:

Nothing lamer? Not one thing? How about people that carry hit-dice with them wherever they go? That's gotta be up there.

Also, have you been to Old Town Pasadena? The goings-on there are pretty lame, take it from me.

How about someone that beats a joke to death? That's pretty la....wait.

I have no problem with polyhedral dice! I used to play lots of games with them when I was a kid. It's a great way to develop your imagination! :)

Pasadena, CA? I used to work there a few years back.....

People can have fun doing anything they want. It's my opinion that there's very little as lame as spending hours pretending to play a musical instrument when you could be really learning to play one and ACTUALLY rocking out?

Is that pretentious? Jesus, you have a low bar! :reject::lol:

i have a very high bar for pretension, yet somehow you keep clearing it.

So yeah, group hug?

Come on U2, lets hurry up and make these 'announcements' before Interference implodes. :cute:

What's the betting that the new album actually is called Songs Of Ascent? That title - see www.songsofascent.com already belongs to an "ambient collection of well-known modern Jewish melodies features lyric, ethereal singing that blossoms into lushly-layered harmony" according to the website.

Has anyone seen a list of domain names snapped up by the company who usually register U2 domains?

I remember back when the title for the album Songs of Ascent was first announced, I posted that there was already an album with that name, and wondered if they would change the name.

Lets just remind you that you're sitting at your computer, 'discussing' at length on an internet message board with strangers about when a new U2 album might be released. There are plenty of people out there who would think there is nothing lamer than what you are doing. Just saying

lets just remind you that you're sitting at your computer, 'discussing' at length on an internet message board with strangers about when a new u2 album might be released. There are plenty of people out there who would think there is nothing lamer than what you are doing. Just saying

+2

I remember back when the title for the album Songs of Ascent was first announced, I posted that there was already an album with that name, and wondered if they would change the name.

Well and the acronym is still a problem in Holland. :wink: They should go with something else that doesn't form the dutch abbreviation for STD. Otherwise, it could come with a condom?

Well and the acronym is still a problem in Holland. :wink: They should go with something else that doesn't form the dutch abbreviation for STD. Otherwise, it could come with a condom?
7790622fb4724f486.jpg

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom