Something new on the horizon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor slimongi - if he or she iss reading the rest of his or her great thread, he or she must be freaked out by our psychoanalysis of him or her.

looking at some of the threads the OP has started, several of them were misleading.

I want to believe they are correct with this one....but im not holding my breath by any means.

:crack:

It's like being in a room of jonesing junkies.

"News!?!?"

*shake* *shudder*

I say this with love. Because yesterday I was listening to NOTH and thinking how BORING it was in U2-world right now.

:waiting:

Everything that isn't SOA or a new album isn't really interesting.

I don't want any more remasters, and I was hoping they'd shoot some more footage for a tour DVD, please not the Rose Bowl show :|

AB remastered with some B-Sides and unreleased + new DVD maybe.... could be cool since it's my favourite era.

But yeah, bring new stuff....we need new music!!!!!!!!

I would hang myself if there is a best off.....:doh:

Everything that isn't SOA or a new album isn't really interesting.

I don't want any more remasters, and I was hoping they'd shoot some more footage for a tour DVD, please not the Rose Bowl show :|

My thoughts entirely... In between albums of a normal cycle then DVD or remaster news is always welcome. We have however been led (by the band I might add) to expect more this year... I still think something will get released before the tour. I think they may be going for a shock factor release, a la Radiohead....

I think they may be going for a shock factor release, a la Radiohead....

I REALLY hope you are right. They certainly have led us to to believe that's a distinct possibility.

I would be happy with any release from them (except a best of...). Obviously my level of happiness would be vary widely. New album would be fantastic. As someone earlier pointed out, the biggest reason I'm skeptical on this is the April/May/June release rather than November. I think after NLOTH, they'll be really tempted to release every single album for the rest of eternity in November so they can get that holiday bump. But maybe they will be fearless and just go for it... I HOPE SO!!! :hyper:

U2 going for a shock factor release like Radiohead?

I sincerely doubt it. They've always played it safe, and I don't see them changing that up soon.

And I think the OP's silence pretty much shows the truth in this thread. It's not that he hasn't been online, he just hasn't posted here. It's just a slight bit suspicious he dissapears soon after posting this. Too suspicious if you ask me.

I knew I shouldn't have read through this entire thread...but I'm an idiot.

And wait, how has U2 led us to believe a shock release is a distinct possibility? They've been completely silent lately, and that last bits of interviews we heard sounded very much like they were moving away from their initial June hopes. I guess I'm not ready to believe that 'no bad news' is the same thing as 'good news'. They're probably just tweaking Bono's press release explaining why they need more time/slice of moon/Edge on fire/5600 songs written but they're just hitting their stride/etc.

Well they might try a quick release because the overhyping of NLOTH didn't really work.

NLOTH wasn't overhyped--it was the least-hyped U2 album since Zooropa. They released it in March (not holiday time), neglected to finish up the video for their first single on time, and they didn't announce the release very far in advance (early 2009). Plus, they made hardly any attempt to hype any of their singles...of which there were only three.

That said, I actually think a surprise release would be an amazing move in terms of hype, even though it'd be derivative. The old hype machine seems to be a bit out of order.

just going with what seems logical.

Rose Bowl DVD
Remaster

and with this news they'll probably tell us the new album will be sometime after the tour

NLOTH wasn't overhyped--it was the least-hyped U2 album since Zooropa.

Basically every band member said that they thought this was their best album and they kept claiming what a departure it was and how experimental it was. Eno said it might be the best U2 album, etc. etc.

I happen to believe it is one of their best albums, but it really wasn't loved by the public, I think, because Get On Your Boots got trashed as a crappy song (which I don't think it is). Also, while there are some songs that are a departure, there's also a lot that sounds a lot like U2 (Magnificent, Breathe, Crazy Tonight). Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just was not the radical departure they billed it as.

In that sense, it was definitely overhyped.

i do with the OP would come back and at least explain himself and his source. with that said, if i had a source, and new something, i would be very tentative to post anything at Interference, considering the way word spreads here. he may have disappeared just because he knew he'd have a million questions coming his way.

^ If i had info i'd tell you absolutely everything I knew. In fact i'd find it a pleasure to share such exciting news with fellow fans. Seriously. Unless my source had told me not to say anything, in which case I would say absolutely nothing whatsoever. Not even a snippet because it's just e-attention seeking....

^ If i had info i'd tell you absolutely everything I knew. In fact i'd find it a pleasure to share such exciting news with fellow fans. Seriously. Unless my source had told me not to say anything, in which case I would say absolutely nothing whatsoever. Not even a snippet because it's just e-attention seeking....

yep. i meant that i wouldn't share any news because i would assume my source would tell me not to tell anyone else. :wink:

NLOTH wasn't overhyped--it was the least-hyped U2 album since Zooropa. They released it in March (not holiday time), neglected to finish up the video for their first single on time, and they didn't announce the release very far in advance (early 2009). Plus, they made hardly any attempt to hype any of their singles...of which there were only three.

That said, I actually think a surprise release would be an amazing move in terms of hype, even though it'd be derivative. The old hype machine seems to be a bit out of order.
Preforming at the Grammies when they're not nominated, a road in NY gets their name, a whole week Letterman, the roof gig in London and saying that it's a new AB...
Only the single strategy was pretty bad but that wasn't intended.

OMGZZZZ!!!!1!!!11!! It's gonna be...

U2: Rockband.

Featuring all the Edge's effects, amps and guitars, Larry's drum kit and frowny face, Adam's basses, and Bono's ego. All of this in a box for $299.99! Get yours by March 17th 2010!

PS: The ZOOTV shows featured in this edition of Rockband are probably going to make your head explode. We are not liable for any injuries whatsoever.

Preforming at the Grammies when they're not nominated, a road in NY gets their name, a whole week Letterman, the roof gig in London and saying that it's a new AB...
Only the single strategy was pretty bad but that wasn't intended.

Well, it certainly was an event (by general standards)---just less of one than usual (by U2 standards).

Basically every band member said that they thought this was their best album

And U2 always say that they think their new record is their best and that it's different from what's come before. That's U2 salesmanship. The day that they refrain from this type of statement is the day we should start to worry. I'm not saying they don't believe it each time--I think they do--I just don't think this counts as "hype" in the U2 world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom