Some very unhappy news about the Propaganda Code letters - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-12-2005, 11:22 AM   #286
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 03:49 PM
Ms. Barb guess what I got in my email box today...the same response as you. jeez these people are idiots.

Here's my response to the email:

Dear Tammy,
Well apparently you are wrong. I received my propaganda member disccount code from U2.com last week (1/4/2005 to be exact). You might want to check with the people that run u2.com before you send out your "automated mass email" to everyone who actually is a propaganda member such as I. Thanks but no thanks for this "personal" email response that only every other person has received from you and the folks at fanfire. By the way, a membership can't expire if it hasn't been fufilled. As I stated several times my membership didn't expire because propaganda stopped taking subscribers in 2001 which was within the time frame when I initially signed up as mentioned below.

I hope one day you folks at fanfire will have all this worked out in regards to your database of U2 Propaganda members, overcharging people who sign up to join the fanclub at u2.com who used the discount code but got charged $40 instead of $20 dollars.

Amy Phillips




Dear Amy,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately your information again is not
showing on our list of current propaganda members. The list that we have
has been updated to show all of the current propaganda members. If you are
not on the list, unfortunately your membership must have expired. We
apologize for any inconvenience.

If you have any questions, please contact us at orderhelp@FanFire.com or one
of the following numbers: 1-800-767-7160 or 1-916-939-1000. (Please be sure
to include a copy of this email any reply.)

Best Wishes
Tammy
U2.com Customer Service



all I can say is: arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
__________________

U2Fanatic4ever is offline  
Old 01-12-2005, 11:41 AM   #287
Refugee
 
skjuls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Learning to Bowl with Daniel Plainview
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever
Ms. Barb guess what I got in my email box today...the same response as you. jeez these people are idiots.

Here's my response to the email:

Dear Tammy,
Well apparently you are wrong. I received my propaganda member disccount code from U2.com last week (1/4/2005 to be exact). You might want to check with the people that run u2.com before you send out your "automated mass email" to everyone who actually is a propaganda member such as I. Thanks but no thanks for this "personal" email response that only every other person has received from you and the folks at fanfire. By the way, a membership can't expire if it hasn't been fufilled. As I stated several times my membership didn't expire because propaganda stopped taking subscribers in 2001 which was within the time frame when I initially signed up as mentioned below.

I hope one day you folks at fanfire will have all this worked out in regards to your database of U2 Propaganda members, overcharging people who sign up to join the fanclub at u2.com who used the discount code but got charged $40 instead of $20 dollars.

Amy Phillips




Dear Amy,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately your information again is not
showing on our list of current propaganda members. The list that we have
has been updated to show all of the current propaganda members. If you are
not on the list, unfortunately your membership must have expired. We
apologize for any inconvenience.

If you have any questions, please contact us at orderhelp@FanFire.com or one
of the following numbers: 1-800-767-7160 or 1-916-939-1000. (Please be sure
to include a copy of this email any reply.)

Best Wishes
Tammy
U2.com Customer Service



all I can say is: arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Reading her response tells me that she is still an idiot. You explained to her why your membership could not have expired but according to her logic since you are not on the list, IT MUST have.

What a bunch of idiots.

Good news as I posted on the other thread.

My 20 dollars got credited back to my account from Fanfire!
__________________

skjuls is offline  
Old 01-12-2005, 12:12 PM   #288
The Fly
 
msbarb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: d'oH!
Posts: 178
Local Time: 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by skjuls
My 20 dollars got credited back to my account from Fanfire!
Miracles do happen!
msbarb is offline  
Old 01-12-2005, 01:13 PM   #289
Refugee
 
skjuls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Learning to Bowl with Daniel Plainview
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by msbarb


Miracles do happen!
I would say so!!!
skjuls is offline  
Old 01-17-2005, 07:24 AM   #290
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Discoteque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Hotter 'n' hell Texas: Dallas
Posts: 3,568
Local Time: 02:49 PM
(hope somebody sees this waaay at the end)

I'm sure this has been beaten to death, but I definitely have not received anything from Propaganda yet, and time is getting short to register/subscribe to U2.com...what do those of us left in limbo do in this case???

Quote:
If you are an existing Propaganda member, we have a special offer for you, so please do not subscribe until you receive your letter!

European members will receive your letter week commencing 22nd November 2004. North America and Rest of World members will receive your letter week commencing 29 November 2004.
So now that it's nearly 2 months later, and I've heard nothing from Prop, what do I do?
Discoteque is offline  
Old 01-17-2005, 08:17 AM   #291
ONE
love, blood, life
 
dsmith2904's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Just keep me where the light is
Posts: 12,290
Local Time: 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Discoteque
(hope somebody sees this waaay at the end)

I'm sure this has been beaten to death, but I definitely have not received anything from Propaganda yet, and time is getting short to register/subscribe to U2.com...what do those of us left in limbo do in this case???



So now that it's nearly 2 months later, and I've heard nothing from Prop, what do I do?
If you have your old Prop ID or any other proof of subscription, e-mail SBentley@signaturesnet.com with your info and you should get sorted out.
dsmith2904 is offline  
Old 01-17-2005, 08:32 AM   #292
The Fly
 
msbarb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: d'oH!
Posts: 178
Local Time: 01:49 PM
You don't necessarily need proof. I didn't provide any and I got my prop code. But then again, they did charge me $40 anyway which I haven't been able to get sorted out yet.
msbarb is offline  
Old 01-18-2005, 11:06 AM   #293
Babyface
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 26
Local Time: 02:49 PM
I got credited my $20 just last week too after being charged $40..... maybe they were fluffing the books for their fiscal 2004???
woowoo2 is offline  
Old 01-18-2005, 12:59 PM   #294
Refugee
 
mofo82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 1,506
Local Time: 01:49 PM
Question...to all those who have recieved their emails with Propaganda codes and membership cards and stuff, how long after you ordered did you start getting your stuff?

I ordered my membership back before Christmas. I never got any emails and nothing through the reg mail, like the membership card. I don't have a propaganda code for the early ticket sales either. I called the 1-800 number that was posted above and they let me know I would start receiving info in the next few days. Part of the problem was they had an invalid email address- partly my fault. Maybe there is hope after all.
mofo82 is offline  
Old 01-18-2005, 01:09 PM   #295
ONE
love, blood, life
 
dsmith2904's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Just keep me where the light is
Posts: 12,290
Local Time: 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mofo82
Question...to all those who have recieved their emails with Propaganda codes and membership cards and stuff, how long after you ordered did you start getting your stuff?

I ordered my membership back before Christmas. I never got any emails and nothing through the reg mail, like the membership card. I don't have a propaganda code for the early ticket sales either. I called the 1-800 number that was posted above and they let me know I would start receiving info in the next few days. Part of the problem was they had an invalid email address- partly my fault. Maybe there is hope after all.
Nothing has been sent out about the presales, so don't worry, you haven't missed anything.
__________________

dsmith2904 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com