SOE 30: With a Fanscore of 5 Bananas - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2017, 08:17 AM   #106
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:43 AM
SOE 30: With a Fanscore of 5 Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgreg View Post
Truth be told (imo), I liked hearing it, but it was a bit on the 'meh' side the one time I saw it when compared to other songs in that part of the show. I'm actually not surprised Bad ended up in place of it 90%+ of the time as the tour went on.

I agree - it was obviously a dream come true to hear it live (one of the highlights of the tour!), but for what they were trying to do in a stadium setting, Bad worked better. Here’s to hoping it returns on E+I, where they can probably find a better spot for it (arguably arenas will also work in its favor)

Old 10-26-2017, 08:23 AM   #107
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:43 AM
Old 10-26-2017, 08:34 AM   #108
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:43 AM
So nothing yet eh? You would have thought if a song was comming out tomorow, we surely would have heard something by now. But maybe still early in the day.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:56 AM   #109
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:43 AM
They could easily drop the announcement and song tomorrow without warning. If it is this week, I'd think it's definitely going to happen tomorrow though.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:09 AM   #110
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
They could easily drop the announcement and song tomorrow without warning. If it is this week, I'd think it's definitely going to happen tomorrow though.
Well I'de like to think it is since there has been several mentions of getting a new song this week. So here is to hoping
Old 10-26-2017, 09:11 AM   #111
War Child

We had exactly the same conversation last week, that something would happen on the friday, and it never did.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:15 AM   #112
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvio View Post
We had exactly the same conversation last week, that something would happen on the friday, and it never did.
Yes that's my fear too! But I did read somewhere in one of the articles, was is atU2? That a song would come out this week and now the tour is over. So there is certainly hope. Mikal may be right with a release with no warning.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:15 AM   #113
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:43 PM
Given that Spotify thing showed up, I reckon we're more likely than not to get some word.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-26-2017, 09:21 AM   #114
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiggestu2fan View Post
Yes that's my fear too! But I did read somewhere in one of the articles, was is atU2? That a song would come out this week and now the tour is over. So there is certainly hope. Mikal may be right with a release with no warning.
Yeah and really I'm more eager than worried. I think we're as good as confirmed that the album is coming out on December 1st, so it's more a matter of when and how they announce it.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:44 AM   #115
War Child

Tomorrow is more likely than last Friday simply given the JT tour is over and we're that much closer to Halloween with a Dia de los Muertos-themed video in the can. That said, compared to a Friday, does a Monday/Tuesday release have any benefit? Early next week could also make sense.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:47 AM   #116
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airseven View Post
Tomorrow is more likely than last Friday simply given the JT tour is over and we're that much closer to Halloween with a Dia de los Muertos-themed video in the can. That said, compared to a Friday, does a Monday/Tuesday release have any benefit? Early next week could also make sense.
Good points and question. I'm not sure if there's any actual data that suggests one day is better than the other. I think we're all assuming Friday just because that's when new music is normally released.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:55 AM   #117
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I wasn't really expecting any teaser today, if things are coming out tomorrow. Maybe later we might here that Bono is going to be on Kroq or something, but I would think they would just drop it out there tomorrow. But who knows. Would be cool to hear a little rumbling today.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:07 AM   #118
War Child

I sure hope you're right in that we'll hear something this week. I'm starved for info
Old 10-26-2017, 11:10 AM   #119
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvio View Post
I sure hope you're right in that we'll hear something this week. I'm starved for info
Eat a banana.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:54 AM   #120
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Though I can't say I'm thrilled with the arrangement they did for ASOH, it would still have been nice to see it live, they dropped it by the time I saw the show in London.

I believe U2 just doesn't think some of these songs work live (including some JT songs), and I'm convinced ASOH is one of them. The difference however between ASOH and TJT songs is that they have to play the latter, they're sorta committed to that. But they could drop ASOH, and did, so that's that.

That said, the more I think about it the more I'm OK with them dropping ASOH. It's my favourite U2 song of all time, but the reality is they've never really been able to nail the song live, even on TUF tour. The atmospherics on ASOH (and most of that record) are just hard to recreate live. As great as the song is, there's a reason they haven't played it for decades (except for the odd performance here and there) before this tour. They probably know what they're doing.