SOE 30: With a Fanscore of 5 Bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The promotion for SOE has been brilliant so far and I think we are in for a huge push starring tomorrow.

Wouldn’t the album have to be released the same week as the general sale?

Actually no. I was always a little confused by this, so I looked it up. Seems Prince was the first to do this and Billboard put some guidelines in place to regulate it.

The most common, is that artists sell tickets, then have to send an email to the ticket buyer saying “here is your voucher for the album”, and they have to actually redeem the voucher and get the album for it to count. And they can only do it AFTER the album is available for sale. This means not all tickets equal an album. Only those redeemed.
So maybe 40 or 50%??? Just guessing.

So putting tickets on sale right before the album comes out is optimal because it’s fresh in the ticket buyers mind.

This does point to U2 probably using this tie in method. But will have to wait and see

:doh:

C'mon Jarvio...:hug:

I can't ever remember anyone having this conversation:

"Hey did you hear the new U2 album?"

"No, I won't listen to it...the song titles are too bland"

"?????"

Not once on my post did I say I'm not gonna / don't wanna listen to the songs.

Wouldn’t the album have to be released the same week as the general sale?

If the pre sale is 3 weeks or so then the general sale would be 4 weeks time. Which would take you to the week of the 1st of December. So I can see how they will be linked

If the pre sale is 3 weeks or so then the general sale would be 4 weeks time. Which would take you to the week of the 1st of December. So I can see how they will be linked

rennowba, check our my post up a few. I found out the rules, and it makes much more sense now.

Any word on when they’ll hit LA?
There's no leak or dates... The poster claims to know when the Boston gig will be. A search shows he/she made the same type of post before JT30 re: Boston area shows, and was semi accurate (got one date right, but said there would be two shows).

So take with a grain of salt, but poster at least has some credibility as opposed to the usual BS artists around here.

There's no leak or dates... The poster claims to know when the Boston gig will be. A search shows he/she made the same type of post before JT30 re: Boston area shows, and was semi accurate (got one date right, but said there would be two shows).

So take with a grain of salt, but poster at least has some credibility as opposed to the usual BS artists around here.

Dude check my post 11/13/14. I’m not lying, I know for a fact. Believe me or don’t l, up to you. I’m anything but a troll.

JT they did contemplate multiple shows in Boston just didn’t happen. They really didn’t know what they wanted to do.

Dude check my post 11/13/14. I’m not lying, I know for a fact. Believe me or don’t l, up to you. I’m anything but a troll.

JT they did contemplate multiple shows in Boston just didn’t happen. They really didn’t know what they wanted to do.
I didn't say you're lying.

I said you've made claims in the past that were at least partly verified.

Chill.

They played the Jtree show on the date I provided as well as the Boston dates on the I&E tour. Not here to play games with people.

ZhV49gEuSXKahzdkQcPZ_I-Want-To-Believe-ghostbusters-30620138-500-200.gif

I didn't say you're lying.

I said you've made claims in the past that were at least partly verified.

Chill.

They played the Jtree show on the date I provided as well as the Boston dates on the I&E tour. Not here to play games with people.

Headache said take it with a grain of salt, not the whole fucking salt shaker. You may have given us legit info before and I'm certainly giving you the benefit of the doubt, but you're still Random Person On Internet so you can't expect people to throw hosannas your way when you give another tip.

Thanks for the info, I've already passed it on to a friend in the Boston area.

I'm still very surprised they're coming back to North America so soon after playing so extensively this year, but I'll take it!

The talk of revisiting the I+e setup is underwhelming to me, but I suppose it's not too different than using similar arena stages for Elevation and Vertigo. As long as the show is substantially different (jsubbing SOI songs with SOE songs ain't gonna cut it) I'm cool with them reusing what was a very cool stage.

That was ALWAYS the plan. This will just be a continuation of that tour.

Angtre has had solid local info in the past.

The 2nd Foxboro date was on hold, why they didn't pull the trigger is unknown.

13 track album, 14 new songs...

What an amazing time to be a fan. Enjoy the ride everybody!

Does this qualify as a double album?

Discuss.

In the later-CD era, it wouldn't. And now that we're primarily digital, the term barely exists. Something like Kamasi Washington's The Epic was designed as a 3-part/3-disc affair, but if you're under 80 minutes you're still a single album, even if it would have been a double in times past. And I still doubt the album proper goes over 60 min.

That was ALWAYS the plan. This will just be a continuation of that tour.

There's a big difference between continuing a tour after a year break (like 360) vs. a two year break with another tour in the middle. It's been long enough I'd rather they approach this tour with a new idea, but I'll take what we're getting and have a blast with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom