SOE 28 - This is Meaningless. We're not getting anything newsworthy for a while

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know the one that always messed with me back in the day was With or Without You. I had this singer telling me he can't live with this person, or without them. The obvious conclusion was that the singer was about to die.

I still don't get why people refuse to acknowledge that Ordinary Love did very well.

Eh...It did chart on the Hot 100 peaking at 84 but only for 2 weeks and that was due to the Oscar nomination/performance and it did horrible on radio.

I find it’s YouTube video views to be the most impressive aspect of that song at over 40 million,which blows my mind because I find it to be a snoozer but it seems to be liked by people, so I’m cool with that.

Eh...It did chart on the Hot 100 peaking at 84 but only for 2 weeks and that was due to the Oscar nomination/performance and it did horrible on radio.

I find it’s YouTube video views to be the most impressive aspect of that song at over 40 million,which blows my mind because I find it to be a snoozer but it seems to be liked by people, so I’m cool with that.

Right... you don't like it. But it was had the most success of any song since No Line, and possibly since Bomb.

You can't just ignore that because it was helped by the Oscars and you don't like it.

Where The Streets Have No Name
Where The Streets Have Zero Name
Where The Streets Have One Name
Where The Streets Have Two Names
Where The Streets Have All the Names
etc...

English is weird, right?!

Oh you are?! Bono still goes up there after each Auckland visit, apparently.

There is a new tree almost ready for transplanting to the summit. It's a long story...

Aye. Do you think if I want long enough, Bono will appear?

I got just the right amount of gloom up here.

Right... you don't like it. But it was had the most success of any song since No Line, and possibly since Bomb.

You can't just ignore that because it was helped by the Oscars and you don't like it.

The YouTube stats are really surprising though, possibly anomalous, when you compare them with the chart performance and the last.fm stats. There are other songs with notable discrepancies between various platforms but Ordinary Love sticks out even among them.

Aye. Do you think if I want long enough, Bono will appear?

I got just the right amount of gloom up here.

If you stand on the hill at midnight and sing the song backwards three times into a mirror, Bono appears.

What's really funny is there's totally sheep shit up here.

What sheep climb to the summit???

Welcome to New Zealand, where there are sheep everywhere.

Except now the place is full of cows since we live under the Benevolent Dictatorship of Fonterra Dairy Co-operative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom