SOE 23 - Return of the Trolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2 are clearly responsible for the eclipse, the blackout letter confirms it.

It has nothing to do with new music.

Gut tells me November or week of release. More likely that we get an elaborate interview with the band about the single and upcoming tour in October, similar to what we saw before the JT tour.

oh man seriously, did no-one get my blinking joke? i thought it was fucking genius!
#storyofmylife :lol:

Doesn't matter in what way promotion starts. Years ago every arist did the same kind of promotion.
I'm glad there is finally something new on the horizon.

So i wonder how many of these letters got sent out. Only seen about 4 or 5 posted on social media. Interestingly that's all it takes, since every major music news site picked up the story.
Just wonder if it was a dozen? or a hundred? or a thousand...?
Will be interesting to see if Europe receives any soon

So i wonder how many of these letters got sent out. Only seen about 4 or 5 posted on social media. Interestingly that's all it takes, since every major music news site picked up the story.
Just wonder if it was a dozen? or a hundred? or a thousand...?
Will be interesting to see if Europe receives any soon

In advertising, the response to a direct mail piece is usually 1 and a half percent. They could have sent out several thousand and only had a handful do what they want (in this case without saying, post to social media). The music outlets picked it up for a little more exposure of a coolness factor which I'm sure is what there ultimate goal was.

Last edited:
Makes me wonder if this is the first of other letters that are to be mailed. If not, I'm sure they have other plans to build upon this "mystery". So much cooler than randomly dropping an album in my opinion. It makes you anticipate, value, and appreciate what's coming.

Last edited:
Would be a first for a U2 lead single...looks like they picked Blackout, and Best thing will be the 2nd single, closer to album release date.

I think so too, but as with anything in U2 world, we won't really know for sure until the song is released.

The only way I see Blackout not being the first single is they do another marketing campaign for the Best Thing in the next week

Yeah, and Best Thing doesn't scream lead single.

I know what you mean. Just like Little Things doesn't either. Good album tracks for sure, but how cool would it be to get one of the best songs on the album as the lead single again!?!
Not saying I know that The Blackout is this amazing song, just saying it could be. The others two we know are good, but that's about it.

So... how about that new music format on which U2 is partnering with Apple and will apparently be introduced with this album?

So The Blackout was confirmed as the video they were shooting in that hall with the fans, beer on site and it was confirmed that the best thing wasn't even played there correct? They played light from home after they were done or whatever it's called? Best thing was implied as a video being shot from the sign at the concert and the lyrics on the chicks back? Now with the blackout letter I would think that's going to be the first single contrary to what others have reported. Just seems to be more "official" activity around it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom