SOE 22 - 2018 it is... (it isn't)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Exactly. Just like Greg's job can be on the line now by outing his clientele, Evans reputation and more would be on the line. Anyone want to call his work? I kid, I kid, we only call churches around here.

But it's common sense. Yet I'm the one that needs to get out more :rolleyes:

You probably wouldn't even have had the balls to ask him. I saw an opportunity in a no lose situation, and took it. Who cares if we're none the wiser to actually knowing, even I wasn't expecting to be! [emoji4]

You probably wouldn't even have had the balls to ask him. I saw an opportunity in a no lose situation, and took it. Who cares if we're none the wiser to actually knowing, even I wasn't expecting to be! [emoji4]

I would have had the common courtesy and enough reasoning to not ask him. He barely has a connection with U2, why the fuck would he tell you, and you just don't do that.

Now if I ran into someone with a real connection with U2 at say a bar, yeah I would tongue in cheek ask, "how many shots would it take for you to slip something about the new album?" Knowing I wouldn't likely get an answer. U2 aren't running around working with a bunch of amateurs.

He barely has a connection with U2
(^ and how the actual fuck would YOU even know that anyway?!?!)

BVS, you clearly have no idea who Chris Evans is - he is pretty much connected with everybody :D

not saying he wasn't trolling George (not Greg) though - i would do the same :lol:

Last edited:
Well he did know that U2 weren't happy yet with SOE hence JT30, so maybe you're right. That was pretty shocking to me.

seriously then, why throw out absurd non-facts and treat them as facts? omg!

seriously then, why throw out absurd non-facts and treat them as facts? omg!

I just think there's a big difference between connections, and those that are going to be privy to release schedules and inter-fears. I should have worded better, but Evans(especially after last year) I think would be the last person they let in that circle.

I find that this place is always just two posts away from turning into a shit storm that lasts pages.

George, if you aren't trolling us and asked him, good for you. I think it's 100% fair to ask that question as a fan and then share it with a fan site. I just agree with most here that 1) it's 50/50 if he would even care to give a truthful answer and 2) regardless of what he told you, the overwhelming evidence points to a release later this year.

Now let's all move on before the forum police show up and tell everyone to....move on :)

I find that this place is always just two posts away from turning into a shit storm that lasts pages.

George, if you aren't trolling us and asked him, good for you. I think it's 100% fair to ask that question as a fan and then share it with a fan site. I just agree with most here that 1) it's 50/50 if he would even care to give a truthful answer and 2) regardless of what he told you, the overwhelming evidence points to a release later this year.

Now let's all move on before the forum police show up and tell everyone to....move on :)

I thought BVS was the forum police.:wink:

I would have had the common courtesy and enough reasoning to not ask him. He barely has a connection with U2, why the fuck would he tell you, and you just don't do that.

Now if I ran into someone with a real connection with U2 at say a bar, yeah I would tongue in cheek ask, "how many shots would it take for you to slip something about the new album?" Knowing I wouldn't likely get an answer. U2 aren't running around working with a bunch of amateurs.

this is pretty ridiculous.

whether the info was right or wrong is irrelevant, he asked somebody who he thought might have an inside scoop about an album by his favorite band. it's not like he asked something deeply personal about the guy's love life or children or whatever.

i agree that there's no reason to expect a legitimate answer, but come on.

Mate, BVS hasn't had an argument for at least an hour, maybe even 90 minutes. Let him call somebody out, or he might choke and die.

this is pretty ridiculous.

whether the info was right or wrong is irrelevant, he asked somebody who he thought might have an inside scoop about an album by his favorite band. it's not like he asked something deeply personal about the guy's love life or children or whatever.

i agree that there's no reason to expect a legitimate answer, but come on.

He also didn't just happen to run into him on the street. He was there in a professional capacity, that kind of stuff matters to most reputable courier companies.

But as you said, there was absolutely no reason to expect a legitimate answer, so feeling "ballsy" about doing so is ridiculous.

BVS has a bitch fit any time someone comes in here and dashes his hopes and dreams by pointing out that the band may not have an imminent release. It's almost as if he doesn't know the band at all with all of their delay issues. Any anonymous source that claims there's a music video being filmed or a single coming out in July is legitimate, but anyone claiming things aren't going well is foolish for talking to Chris Evans.

I appreciate you giving us some info. I don't find it any less reputable than the other stuff tossed around. This always happens in the years following a release. Bono promises something and doesn't deliver. I dunno why people are still surprised by these delays. Maybe check in once every few months instead of once every couple hours and you won't get your hopes up. :wave:

BVS has a bitch fit any time someone comes in here and dashes his hopes and dreams by pointing out that the band may not have an imminent release. It's almost as if he doesn't know the band at all with all of their delay issues. Any anonymous source that claims there's a music video being filmed or a single coming out in July is legitimate, but anyone claiming things aren't going well is foolish for talking to Chris Evans.

I appreciate you giving us some info. I don't find it any less reputable than the other stuff tossed around. This always happens in the years following a release. Bono promises something and doesn't deliver. I dunno why people are still surprised by these delays. Maybe check in once every few months instead of once every couple hours and you won't get your hopes up. :wave:

WTF?! No bitch fit, and I never bought into a July single, but keep on flinging the shit man, it's what you do best. Maybe someday it will stick.

FYI we've had interferencers that were present at the video shoot recently, but go ahead and believe this over any real news.

I appreciate you giving us some info. I don't find it any less reputable than the other stuff tossed around.

The band just filmed two videos for new songs. At the Barcelona concert, Bono said that The Edge was on board with the album coming out before the end of this year. Do you give Chris Evans' offhand comments equal weight with those first two pieces of information?

We could list out a dozen reasons why the album is coming out this year, with a new song in September. Yet an off hand comment by a DJ is going to over rule that? I think not.

We are lucky to RD here with some solid contacts that have been supported. Also U2songs and U2Valencia have almost identical info as RD, so that is what I'm going with.

Of course if someone on the board gets some info from an insider, they are gonna bring it to us. Some is just more believable than other info sometimes.

cheers

WTF?! No bitch fit, and I never bought into a July single, but keep on flinging the shit man, it's what you do best. Maybe someday it will stick.

FYI we've had interferencers that were present at the video shoot recently, but go ahead and believe this over any real news.

I'm not saying one piece of news is more or less legit than the other. I'm just saying you are all the same people who in 2015 and 2016 harassed anyone coming in here with news contrary to an immediate album release. I'm hoping a new album comes out in 2017 just as much as anyone. But some of you guys are drinking the Bono Kool-Aid year after year. You especially.

Also LOL at two people from the forum being at a music video shoot but the other guy from the forum not being legit in regards to Chris Evans. That's the shit I'm talking about. You only hear what you want to hear. Year after year.

Back
Top Bottom