SOE 15: Crickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To reach everyone under 25 that's only substantial impression of U2 is an unwanted album on their phone.

Think about it. For younger people born 1990-2000, how many new U2 songs do they really know from their lifetime? Beautiful Day and Vertigo are the biggest two but each are 12-16 years old at this point. Collaborating with someone like Kygo is a clever way to get their music into the ears of younger listeners. TBT is quite the earworm and it could help shape a positive opinion and get people interested in the band before the SOE rollout begins (if ever..).

U2's only hope for staying relevant and staving off the Dinosaur Band critiques (which have been ramping up lately) is to keep younger people interested in their music. This could be one way of doing that.

Agreed, there's potential in that theory, but what would be the point if there is no album follow up available quickly? Could be easy to grab attention, more difficult to hold that for 4 or5 months til SOE comes out in the spring of 2017, or worse!!

Well, if the tour is to start in march or april (what was it supposed to be?), a tour announcement along with a single before christmas would kind of make sense. Of course the album needs to be finished first. Kygo song in mid october, single, say, beginning to mid december with tour announcement, and SOE towards the end of january. Possible.
But in any case, even without a particular timeline leading to SOE, a collaboration with a trending young artist such as Kygo, is a good idea for U2. Especially with a catchy tune like TBT. :up:

It's amazing how this place let's the same things happen to themselves over and over and over again. We really are the Lucy's football of web forums

Do some research. Look for any mention of anything new from Kygo due this weekend, aside from this random unaffiliated Instagram post.

Find it? No? Exactly.

Doesn't seem too far fetched. If that Kygo fan source is to be trusted, then TBT would be a collaboration, not a remix. So it's absolutely possible that it will be released independently from SOE. It's kind of the only thing that makes sense given the U2start rumour. I say new music. But not SOE ;)

I must have missed this. What is the "U2Start rumor"?

one of the things I really like about DM is they are so incredibly anti-BS in terms of new album announcements/info. Unlike a certain band from the Northside of Dublin

Oh I dunno, Gore has a bit of Bono's flair for bombast when describing upcoming releases. ("our best work yet", "a cross between ______ and ________ (insert best two DM albums)" )

I wouldn't say they go as far as U2 with the hype machine, no, but "incredibly anti-BS" might be a bit too far a swing in the opposite direction.

I like DM's release methods in general.

It's amazing how this place let's the same things happen to themselves over and over and over again. We really are the Lucy's football of web forums

Do some research. Look for any mention of anything new from Kygo due this weekend, aside from this random unaffiliated Instagram post.

Find it? No? Exactly.

Get our hopes up w/ U2, it's what we do..

If you wanna save 15% on auto insurance.....

We will be lucky to hear anything new in 2017.

I'm sure the album is probably done, at least major recording at the moment. Instead they are trying to find the right mix, i.e radio hit

They so desperately want that last final big hit, that they'll keep waiting and overcooking until they think they have it.

All my opinion of course. They could just not give a fuck anymore and want to vacation forever. And they have the right to. Just wish the album talk would shut down

Aight. Time to put U2 on the back burner.

Can't do it anymore. I'm so tired of them pandering to people who don't like them. It's truly pathetic and a slap in the face to their true fans.

Hahaha new album in March/April... I'm not seeing them starting a new tour in March, then... well, I think they'll end by scrapping SOE and restart from scratch.

Interesting. Gives a timeframe of march/april, but "not confirming anything".

So best case scenario is a sort of NLOTH timeframe right now. Hopefully they don't decide it needs too much work...

And yeah I think I agree with trainmaniac - if this thing gets delayed much further than that (I'd say at least 50% chance of that happening) I can see it evolving into a completely different beast altogether.

Nothing surprises me. Time to "water down" the material.

Yup !! Over-producing and over-analyzing at it's best !

If there isn't a single w/ Kygo this month, i'm not wasting my time scouring the internet for a morsel of gossip concerning the next album. I'm over it. I have other things to do.

I will listen to all of the old albums and enjoy them and just pretend that they retired.:angry:

Oh well, at least we have an actual quote from Adam with a date although it's not great to hear him say the album's not finished.....

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Oh well, at least we have an actual quote from Adam with a date although it's not great to hear him say the album's not finished.....

We've had plenty of dates in the past. They've blown right through them.

Guys, we're not getting Songs of Experience.

We've been played every single time since ATYCLB.

I'm going to start going through life under the assumption that no new U2 music will ever come out. If we get something, great. If not, I already accounted for it.

Throwback to when the rumors were a speedy 2014 follow up before Christmas. What a joke.

God...for Christ's sake... We went from tour in march to album MAYBE in march within a few days. So tour most likely not in early spring.

SOE has about 30 days to be complete. If it's not finished before Adam's 78th visit to an Art Museum, then it's not going to be released.

I think they've basically alluded to Spring 2017 as a deadline to get it done. Who wants to see a tour called Innocence/Experience with no SOE? Why would you tour an album that'll be nearly three years old and didn't really register with the public (at least in a good way)?

They've got till their Xmas break to finalize it or I agree with the above. There will never be a SOE. It'll turn into something else.

I wonder if the people who are counting on U2's tour for their livelihood (crew, staff, etc) or for business purposes (livenation) are starting to get pissed? Because originally we were supposed to have a bunch of dated in 2016 and early 2017 that have been pushed back/scrapped.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Just release a final goodbye single and have a farewell tour. TBT is almost appropriate for a final single.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom