SOE 15: Crickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think they're done, they're just waiting till it's closer to the tour. You don't have Lillywhite mixing and djs remixing if you're still tweaking.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I still think they're done, they're just waiting till it's closer to the tour. You don't have Lillywhite mixing and djs remixing if you're still tweaking.

Unless they heard those final mixes, weren't happy and decided to go back to the drawing board?

I really hope you're right though!

This coincides with the rumors my source had been hearing about a one off single. I didn't believe it, but now it makes sense.

The rumor is next Friday there's a single called Stop(The Wall) automatically uploaded as every iPhone user's ringtone.

Ohh interesting. I can definitely see that happening. Won't be Best Thing though I'm guessing lol

I think that's just the physical release. The Fly was on the radio and MTV in September of 91.

Thought I'd remembered reading that somewhere, wasn't sure, thanks.

Just saw this on Instagram

Sent from my SM-N910G using U2 Interference mobile app

Attachments

• 1476163470920.jpg
    1476163470920.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 106
Ok scrap that, lets go back to *crickets* for the next 4 months.

Sent from my SM-N910G using U2 Interference mobile app

Depeche Mode just announced a new album/tour for next year. They seem to line up with U2 releases so 2017 is obviously confirmed.

Had a dream last night that I was having a conversation with The Edge, one on one. As in, he was just as interested in talking to me as I was to him. I kept WANTING to ask about the new album, but I felt like I would be pushy, so I just asked him questions about stuff I already knew the answers to just to make conversation. I remember trying to convince him that Zooropa and Pop are good albums, but he didn't seem to agree.

Then I woke up and realized I'm a loser that dreams about stuff like that.

Had a dream last night that I was having a conversation with The Edge, one on one. As in, he was just as interested in talking to me as I was to him. I kept WANTING to ask about the new album, but I felt like I would be pushy, so I just asked him questions about stuff I already knew the answers to just to make conversation. I remember trying to convince him that Zooropa and Pop are good albums, but he didn't seem to agree.

Then I woke up and realized I'm a loser that dreams about stuff like that.

In a dream you should have had the guts to grab his hat and run away with it.

I'm skeptical as well, but then again if it's some rabid Kygo fan who has an inside track/info...then maybe he/she is in the know for all things Kygo. Would certainly be great to get a song this week huh?

Could well be the Kygo equivalent of U2Valencia, so this info might mean...

Ok, i need something to keep my U2 pulse beating...

I'm betting on The Best Thing being played by Kygo at his gigs and this is the "one off" single available for download.:hyper:

a boy can dream right?

Depeche Mode just announced a new album/tour for next year. They seem to line up with U2 releases so 2017 is obviously confirmed.

one of the things I really like about DM is they are so incredibly anti-BS in terms of new album announcements/info. Unlike a certain band from the Northside of Dublin

Ok, i need something to keep my U2 pulse beating...

I'm betting on The Best Thing being played by Kygo at his gigs and this is the "one off" single available for download.:hyper:

a boy can dream right?

Doesn't seem too far fetched. If that Kygo fan source is to be trusted, then TBT would be a collaboration, not a remix. So it's absolutely possible that it will be released independently from SOE. It's kind of the only thing that makes sense given the U2start rumour. I say new music. But not SOE ;)

Don't know if TBT would be featured on a Kygo album as a "collaboration track feat. Bono/U2"

... if so .. maybe it's just a genius move to sneak in the minds of ... don't know .. how young are Kygo fans?

20 ????

Wonder what the purpose of any stand alone single would be at this point? The only things I can think of are charity related (but why did they not link it in with dreamfest?), promo for a best of collection, or tied into a movie soundtrack? The soundtrack thing was mentioned in that interview with those two guys (Scotts?) last year wasn't it? Possibly why it was delayed a bit (supposedly)??

Last edited:
Wonder what the purpose of any stand alone single would be at this point? The only things I can think of are charity related (but why did they not link it in with dreamfest?), promo for a best of collection, or tied into a movie soundtrack? The soundtrack thing was mentioned in that interview with those two guys last year wasn't it? Possibly why it was delayed a bit (supposedly)??

Which kind of movie comes to your mind when you think of The Best Thing tied to it?

Some animated DreamWorks/Pixar movie .. or Vince Vaughn/ Kevin James Bromance comedy ... ?

Not that I would care...

Wonder what the purpose of any stand alone single would be at this point?

To reach everyone under 25 that's only substantial impression of U2 is an unwanted album on their phone.

Think about it. For younger people born 1990-2000, how many new U2 songs do they really know from their lifetime? Beautiful Day and Vertigo are the biggest two but each are 12-16 years old at this point. Collaborating with someone like Kygo is a clever way to get their music into the ears of younger listeners. TBT is quite the earworm and it could help shape a positive opinion and get people interested in the band before the SOE rollout begins (if ever..).

U2's only hope for staying relevant and staving off the Dinosaur Band critiques (which have been ramping up lately) is to keep younger people interested in their music. This could be one way of doing that.

To reach everyone under 25 that's only substantial impression of U2 is an unwanted album on their phone.

Think about it. For younger people born 1990-2000, how many new U2 songs do they really know from their lifetime? Beautiful Day and Vertigo are the biggest two but each are 12-16 years old at this point. Collaborating with someone like Kygo is a clever way to get their music into the ears of younger listeners. TBT is quite the earworm and it could help shape a positive opinion and get people interested in the band before the SOE rollout begins (if ever..).

U2's only hope for staying relevant and staving off the Dinosaur Band critiques (which have been ramping up lately) is to keep younger people interested in their music. This could be one way of doing that.

That's a really interesting thought. Having TBT as a 'buffer' between the embarrassing release of SoI and the next proper U2 album is quite a clever way of distancing themselves from that fiasco, and helps the next album stand on its own without that baggage.

I was mainly skeptical of TBT being released as a standalone (or even weirder, as a collaboration with another artist) because it wouldn't be in u2's style of grand statements and applications for biggest band in the planet. But maybe with SoI they pushed it too far and came off as a band that's self-important and believes it's god's gift to music. And maybe releasing TBT as a collaboration in a Kygo release is a really humble, low key way of releasing a decent tune. Hell, it's probably more likely to reach a younger audience that way, because it's attached to the work of a young, contemporary artist and his music, so it's more easily approachable than an album by some old guys that everyone is moaning has been forced onto their itunes accounts.

Still not convinced we'll see anything this week, but it at least makes a little more sense to me now in theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom