So...after 1 week, what do you think of the Bomb?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Now that the initial hype and dust has settled, do you like the Bomb better than the first listens? Did your favorite songs change? Would you change the tracklist?

For me, it's growing on me - I seriously consider it the third best coherent album after JT and AB. It gets better with each listen, it seems.

First, my favorite songs were Sometimes, All because of you, Crumbs, Original and also Miracle Drug.
Now I would say Sometimes, Original and One step closer are my favorites. I don't skip any songs, though.

I wouldn't change it, except maybe move the obvious hit material Original higher up on the album, and move Miracle drug (being so close to City of blinding lights and Sometimes) lower.

I had to give OSC, and CFYT a few more listens to really love em', but I did - and I do!
I still love SYCMIOYO/MD and OOTS as much as I did when I first heard them, but I have to say that AMAAW is still my favourite off the album...:drool:

There you go again A747 with AMAAW:wink: The album is an instant hit with me but,as othet people had said,only time will tell where it sits alongside other U2 discs. Oh miracle drug has just started"of science and the human heart".I digress,i'm desperately trying not to play it to death at the mo but i really don't want to listen to anything else"i hear your voice its whispering"
A f$%^ing good album.:drool: :drool: :drool:

I still rank this in my top three with JT and UF. I cannot put those three in any order.

Songs I anticipated the most: COBL, CFYT, Yahweh.
Initial favourites: Miracle Drug, LAPOE. I had already heard COBL from the BBC and I knew it would be my favourite, but those two were new.
Current Favourites: COBL, CFYT, OSC, Yahweh.

Interesting how the anticipated songs and current favourites worked out, isn't it?

...and is it just me or would One step closer be the perfect album closing song?

boystupidboy said:
As long as you don't fire blanks:wink: .What the story behind your username,got a fettish for Boeings???

:laugh:

Nah, it is the name of my Cd store...well, not the 747, I really dont know why I have added that! Maybe a secret fetish is the only explanation... :huh:

boystupidboy said:
Sold many HTBAAB's last week??

It's more a shop for alternative stuff like Metal/Punk/Hip-Hop, that sort of thing, but there is a big section for the 'normal' stuff! I try and keep all U2's cd's in all the time!:wink:
I didnt bother getting many of the std cd version of the album, cos of Woolies and Tesco's :madspit: selling them.
But the Ltd edition with the book and all, has flown off the shelves!

Or rather, out of the glass cabinet, which is a bastard to have to keep getting into!:mad:

:wink:

Still amazing. I don't skip songs(first U2 album on which I do so). City of Blinding Lights really grew on me. It's my second favorite now, behind the immortal Miracle Drug.

boystupidboy said:
I think this is there best album ever.Hope it still is in 6 months time...:|

That's kinda what worries me slightly. Cos I was exactly the same as I am now about ATYCLB when it came out. And within a few months, after seeing them live of course, I started to listen to it a lot less, and NOW when I do, I generally tend to skip Elevation and POE.
Elevation just became too commercial and I heard it so many times, I just really cant listen to it often anymore. POE tho, is nice to listen to once in a while. I dont hate it or anything.

Axver said:
I still rank this in my top three with JT and UF. I cannot put those three in any order.

Songs I anticipated the most: COBL, CFYT, Yahweh.
Initial favourites: Miracle Drug, LAPOE. I had already heard COBL from the BBC and I knew it would be my favourite, but those two were new.
Current Favourites: COBL, CFYT, OSC, Yahweh.

Interesting how the anticipated songs and current favourites worked out, isn't it?

Do I detect a betrayl in relation to our naming of Miracle Drug as the best song since the mid 80's? JUDAS!!! :wink:
Axver, stand by me and your word and re-ignite your love for that song! :D

Like i said,don't know ifs cos its new.Was'nt too keen on the previous release(Kite being a BIG exception)from day one ,so i have a different feeling this time.Its made me play some of u2 older stuff and reminded me of what a poor album UF was,never liked it(gonna get lynched !)But even on that there is BAD.
What i'm trying to say is that this is currently A TOP TOP album.,next year i'll probably be back onto zooropa:tongue:

boystupidboy said:
Like i said,don't know ifs cos its new.Was'nt too keen on the previous release(Kite being a BIG exception)from day one ,so i have a different feeling this time.Its made me play some of u2 older stuff and reminded me of what a poor album UF was,never liked it(gonna get lynched !)But even on that there is BAD.
What i'm trying to say is that this is currently A TOP TOP album.,next year i'll probably be back onto zooropa:tongue:

HTDAAB has currently replaced Zooropa as my 3rd fave U2 album...I think it'll stay there for a while.
As for you getting lynched about the UF comment - I wouldnt worry too much...I think Axver's done so much sticking up for the album, that I doubt he can be bothered to answer anymore!:wink:

boystupidboy said:
Elvis P and america:ohmy: Every group is entitled to a few of them moments:sad:

But from the other perspective, you have UF/Homecoming/Pride/Promenade/Bad/MLK!:wink:

I know, 4th Of July might bore a lot of ppl, but it does fit in with the rest of the album, and keeps it flowing. And it doesnt last for that long anyway!:wink:

Well I will be honest here... At this stage I am disapointed in the album. When I first listened to it I thought "WOW" new U2 MUSIC but now I really think that alot of the songs on the album are "SAFE" in that U2 are trying to create songs and create a sound that will impress the overall audience which can lead to the overall sound of the album to be a tad boring in my opinion.

The song Vertigo should not be on the album as is a very tacky song in my opinion. Sometimes is a good song as well as ABOY, and OOTS but these are not great songs and there are no potential classic songs on this album. I also believe that this album is no where in the class of JT ,AB or Zooropa.

I really hope this album grows on me but at this stage I am disappointed. Sorry Folks :(

It's like a fine wine - it just gets better with time.

...but I don't really like wine, so that analogy doesn't really hold true for me.

So, I'll rephrase:

I like it more and more each day.

The quality of the cd did it for me, all the nooks and crannies made it a rich experience to listen. A veritable sonic rivercruise down the river boyne.

COBL didn't really do it for me but now its a contagion in my mind.

But most of all ABOY has really turned into my no.1 anthem - oooh those footstomping beats....

I am listening to it more than ever as the week has gone in and loving it more and more too..... listening to it now:wink:

Im actually starting to worry about listening to it too much, and over-indulging to the point that I start to dislike it or something!!?:huh:

perhaps im being a little too paranoid here...:wink:

The best I can say is I like listening to it. That probably sounds silly; however, it's a much better feeling than when I heard Pop or ATYCLB the first half dozen times. I was totally confused by those. Eventually, I grew to see Pop's brilliance and consider it one of the least appreciated musical gems U2 has created.

I'm still uneasy with some parts of HTDAAB - I really can't get "Original...", don't see or feel the hook, and "One Step..." is too bland musically and lyrically - but I am certainly in full exploratory mode. Thus far I thoroughly enjoy "Love and Peace or Else", "Man and a Woman" and, finally, "City of Blinding Lights".

I will continue to treat apply the wine approach (gets better with time) to U2 and dig in and make the best of it... ;)

Last edited:
AMAAW I was impressed straigt away, and i still love it. You need to hear it with the lyrics in front of you to really appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom