'Smile'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rachel D. said:

As for "One Step Closer," you have to listen to it to appreciate its beauty. I thought it was dull the first few times I heard it, but then it hit me. Listen to it with headphones. It almost sounds like there's a ukelele in the background, among many other layers of sound. The imagery in the lryics is amazing, too.
:up:

Aygo said:

Well, in fact I think it's "God knows it, knows me, knows me, knoes me"...

...tosey/nosey:eyebrow: :scratch:
Well, yeah, my friend obviously couldn't make it through the typical "Bono-guise".... Though listening to the song again, I wouldn't be surprised if he were right! But reading the lyrics, they are just the way you described it. Mind you, I also had to read the lyrics to figure it out...and the lyrics aren't always correct either!

And Rachel D, I couldn't agree with you more.

Michael Griffiths said:

Well, yeah, my friend obviously couldn't make it through the typical "Bono-guise".... Though listening to the song again, I wouldn't be surprised if he were right! But reading the lyrics, they are just the way you described it. Mind you, I also had to read the lyrics to figure it out...and the lyrics aren't always correct either!

And Rachel D, I couldn't agree with you more.

Don't worry, mate... I too use sometimes the Bonoglese tactic when I forgot the lyrics or when I didn't learned them yet...:wink:

Aygo said:

Don't worry, mate... I too use sometimes the Bonoglese tactic when I forgot the lyrics or when I didn't learned them yet...:wink:
haha, tactic, hey? :wink: Luckily for my ego's sake (as it is rather fragile), my friend was the one who wrote that "nosey, nosey, tosy" was "cute" - not me!! I simply copy and pasted his entire reply.

Ok, good for you... I think there's nothing wrong with using the same thing Bono does when you don't know the lyrics... I think everybody does it, even a child that don't know how to say something properly...

Yes, I know, I was being facetious with my ego comment... I do it too sometimes. For example, I had thought the lyrics were (and I might have been right) "I'm leaving on the day of the dead...I will live again" not, "I'm leaving on the day of the day...I will live again" I like the former line better, and there are some versions of the lyrics that have it as the former. You just can never tell with Bono!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom