Slane Out Of Control appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember the first time I saw that, I thought that Bono was referring to God during the father part. It made perfect sense to me, and it took me a long time to eventually realize that he actually was referencing his father. :reject:

When they go into it for the final verse , after the 500 pounds rant and seeing EVERYONE at the gig jumping is my favorite part in any u2 video release ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coach said:
When they go into it for the final verse , after the 500 pounds rant and seeing EVERYONE at the gig jumping is my favorite part in any u2 video release ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sure is dude! Bono's voice has such passion it really is great...

Speaking of the 500 pounds part, does anybody else chuckle when Bono says "We're not going to stay in London, we're not going to go to New York City, we're going to stay and base our crew in Dublin! Because these people, this is our tribe!"

he forgot to mention, "Well unless we can get a tax break somewhere else, then we'll leave" :wink:

u2 still lives in dublin :blahblah:

u2 still pays private taxes in dublin :blahblah:

u2 has paid more taxes than any other irishman :blahblah:

U2Man said:
u2 still lives in dublin :blahblah:

u2 still pays private taxes in dublin :blahblah:

u2 has paid more taxes than any other irishman :blahblah:

here's a quote from Bono in 2005

"People think that artists in Ireland are tax free. Our publishing, which is about one third of our income, we have tax breaks on, and that's great and that's encouraged us to stay in Ireland and if that changes, it's not going to affect anything for U2 - but young U2s might have to leave and that would be a shame," said Bono.

:hmm:

Looks like Bono had a change of heart.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there.

Out of Control :drool:

bono doesn't decide anything. it's the big bald guy that decides that sort of stuff.

sure

Chizip said:
Speaking of the 500 pounds part, does anybody else chuckle when Bono says "We're not going to stay in London, we're not going to go to New York City, we're going to stay and base our crew in Dublin! Because these people, this is our tribe!"

he forgot to mention, "Well unless we can get a tax break somewhere else, then we'll leave" :wink:

:lol:

Roland of Gilead said:
I like watching this, but I enjoy the audio from the live b-side to COBL taken from the Brooklyn Bridge pre-tour show.
I love that version, even though Bono messes up nearly every chorus.:wink: :drool:

how funny I was actually watching slane a few nights ago! I love this performance!! Out of Control is an amazing song in the first place and then their energy as they are rocking it out is awesome!

This song really stood out for me on the DVD... it the combination was great...

Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
Out Of Control

It can't get any better than that, that was a great trio...

I remember putting on some good headphones and listening to this, the audience clapping in unison, the jumping... definitely a great track.

Back
Top Bottom