Sex, Drugs & Rock n Roll...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
Love, Family, Politics, and God.

U2 has touched upon all of these themes.

Other bands have talked about politics, some about sex, some about relationships, some about religion...etc

But how many bands have touched upon them all the way U2 has?

Are there any topics U2 has touched upon?

u2 has not talked about sex drugs and rock&roll yet!!

they did come close to it during zootv but now they are so far away from it that its just insane!!

U2 are LOVE,RELIGION AND POLITICS!!

but "sex drugs and rock&roll "just kick arsssssssss:rockon: :rockon:

Last edited:
shaun vox said:
u2 has not talked about sex drugs and rock n roll yet!!

they did come close to it during zootv but now they are so far away from it that its just insane!!

U2 are LOVE,RELIGION AND POLITICS!!

but sex drugs and rocknroll just kick arsssssssss:rockon: :rockon:

Maybe you should listen again...

They may not speak as frankly about drugs like Mr. Brownstone, but they've talked about drugs.

And if you can't see the sex than maybe you have bigger problems than being stuck in the late 80's...

I agree with you there, BonoVoxSupastar.

But I think you have to REALLY listen to U2's lyrics to get the full hear some of the hidden, subliminal messages. You have to read between the lines.

Running to Stand Still... Bad... Xanax and Wine :) Just a few druggy songs..

as for Sex.. oh baby, they talk 'bout that stuff everywhere! (especially Achtung)

U2 music is sexy all by itself...The moaning that Bono does on some of his songs are very sexy:wink:

Bono's orgasmic sounds at the end of HMTMKMKM is a prime example of sex in their songs...

Well I guess sex sells...for everyone seems to be honing in on that. But the point of the thread was that I can only think of few other bands that have touched upon so many topics. I mean I can't think of one thing U2 hasn't touched upon. Very few bands can say that.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I mean I can't think of one thing U2 hasn't touched upon. Very few bands can say that.

I'm still waiting for U2 to write a song about rugby and how the New Zealand All Blacks are the best team in the world. :grumpy:

:wink:

A lot of groups TRY to touch on all different topics, politics, spirituality, whathaveyou. It's the really great artists that can do those topics justice without sounding, well, silly.

U2 have touched on god, religion, jesus, judas and jesus in conversation, sex, drugs, rock and roll, fame, celebrity, politics, martin luther king, lemons and big girls.

They've sang about everything that matters.

LemonMacPhisto said:

ok, what the heck does that stand for? It gives me a headache just looking at all those capital M's and K's. :huh:

and remember I'm a bad fan, so be gentle. :wink:

indra said:

ok, what the heck does that stand for? It gives me a headache just looking at all those capital M's and K's. :huh:

and remember I'm a bad fan, so be gentle. :wink:

HMTMKMKM = Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me. It was released in 1995 and used on the Batman Forever soundtrack.

And may I just add, HMTMKMKM / Children Of The Revolution (snippet) from Popmart Mannheim is one of the most rocking things I have ever heard.

Axver said:

HMTMKMKM = Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me. It was released in 1995 and used on the Batman Forever soundtrack.

And may I just add, HMTMKMKM / Children Of The Revolution (snippet) from Popmart Mannheim is one of the most rocking things I have ever heard.

Thanks!

:)

david said:
U2 have touched on god, religion, jesus, judas and jesus in conversation, sex, drugs, rock and roll, fame, celebrity, politics, martin luther king, lemons and big girls.

They've sang about everything that matters.

And that is why they ARE relevant, no matter that they (U2) feel they have to be...They just are..:bow:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
But the point of the thread was that I can only think of few other bands that have touched upon so many topics.

rem instantly came to mind. so did nirvana. (but then again, i think stipe and cobain can run circles around bono as far as writing goes, so maybe i'm no good here, cause that's an entirely different topic, isn't it.)

bono_man2002 said:
U2 are Sex, Rock And Roll, And Hopefully getting there buts to Australia.

I agree! U2 seriously needs to kick this country in the ass so that fellow Aussie's can discover them again. It's pathetic how low some of the recent songs have been placed on the charts!

bonosgirl84 said:

rem instantly came to mind. so did nirvana. (but then again, i think stipe and cobain can run circles around bono as far as writing goes, so maybe i'm no good here, cause that's an entirely different topic, isn't it.)

Springsteen too.

Back
Top Bottom