Setlist for U2's farewell concert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ZOOTVTOURist said:

- To speculate for the zillionth time about a setlist, that obviously will never happen at least within the next 12 years?

- To speculate about a song choice, that is pure nonsense, because you don't know
a) the structure of the gig
b) the songs to be recorded in the next decade
c) the songst to be chosen by the band?

- To speculate about an event, that might never happen, just because U2 might never ever want to do a "final gig"?

- To speculate about a setlist chosen by fans, that chose their own favourite ones again and again and again?

- To speculate about an event, that even U2 don't care about a second, because they want to walk on as a band for minimum more than a decade – when some of their so-called hardcore fans share their fantasies about U2's death as artists?

That is ridiculous and a waste of time. Cu in another thread, worth writing there ...:eyebrow:

Dude, who gives a fuck if we're speculating?? I don't see what's wrong with it, and as Eazy V said there are many more worse threads.

Some people enjoy doing it. You dont. end of story

ZOOTVTOURist said:

- To speculate for the zillionth time about a setlist, that obviously will never happen at least within the next 12 years?

- To speculate about a song choice, that is pure nonsense, because you don't know
a) the structure of the gig
b) the songs to be recorded in the next decade
c) the songst to be chosen by the band?

- To speculate about an event, that might never happen, just because U2 might never ever want to do a "final gig"?

- To speculate about a setlist chosen by fans, that chose their own favourite ones again and again and again?

- To speculate about an event, that even U2 don't care about a second, because they want to walk on as a band for minimum more than a decade – when some of their so-called hardcore fans share their fantasies about U2's death as artists?

That is ridiculous and a waste of time. Cu in another thread, worth writing there ...:eyebrow:

To speculate?
Can we have some fun while a new album doesn't come out?
It's much better to "speculate" (as you say) about this than to create ridiculous threads with little wars or whinning about U2's present decade or whatever...

1. Streets
2. Pride
3. October/New Year's Day
4. I Will Follow
5. Gloria
6. Drowning Man
7. Sunday Bloody Sunday
8. Bullet
9. Please
(break)
10. The Fly
11. Even Better Than the Real Thing
12. Until the End of the World
13. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
14. Ultraviolet
15. Gone
(acoustic set)
16. Stay
17. In a Little While
18. The First Time
break, plug back in
19. Desire
20. All I Want Is You
21. Bad
break
23. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
24. With or Without You
25. 40

Can you imagine how fucking hard its gunna be to get tickets to this concert whenever it happens???? The whole world will want to go.

It had better be at Slane.

Bono personally phoned me from a doubly landlocked European principality to let me know what the last set will really be:

0. Intro: All You Need Is Love (Bono a cappella)
1. Beautiful Day / Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Whaling (snippet)
2. No Line On The Horizon / Highway To Hell (snippet)
3. Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet) / She Loves You (snippet)
4. The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (snippet) / Break On Through (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet)
5. 11 O'clock Tick Tock / Drowning Man (snippet)
6. MLK (snippet) / The Unforgettable Fire
7. She's A Mystery To Me
8. Flower Child
9. Wave Of Sorrow (Birdland)
10. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
11. Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
12. Crumbs From Your Table / Electrical Storm (snippet)
13. Mercy
14. Exit / Riders On The Storm (snippet) / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
15. Please
16. Moby Dick (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name / Pride (snippet)

17. Mofo
18. The Fly / Billy Boola (snippet)
19. Desire / Not Fade Away (snippet) / So You Want To Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star (snippet)
20. Angel Of Harlem / Suspicious Minds (snippet) / Young Liechtensteinians (snippet)
21. Fast Cars
22. Seconds

23. One (snippet) / One Tree Hill
24. Heartland
25. Bass Trap / Rowena's Theme (snippet)
26. A Sort Of Homecoming
27. Station to Station (snippet) / Bad / Let It Be (snippet) / Come Together (snippet) / Help! (snippet) / Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (snippet) / Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite! (snippet) / Young Americans (snippet) / Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (snippet) / The First Time (snippet) / Revolution 9 (snippet) / Drunk Chicken/America (snippet) / Norwegian Wood (snippet) / (Don't Fear) The Reaper (snippet) / John, I'm Only Dancing (snippet) / Gypsy Biker (snippet) / Candle in the Wind (snippet) / All Star (snippet) / Yellow Submarine (snippet) / 40 (snippet)

socceroo said:
Of course in 10 years time there would be a lot of new songs in their set...

In 10 years, we will have 2 additional albums to what we have now. So that's 22 songs. Plus the odd b-sides/songs for the greatest hits, we're looking at probably 30 new U2 songs to look forward to. Sad but true.

Axver said:
Bono personally phoned me from a doubly landlocked European principality to let me know what the last set will really be:

1. Beautiful Day / Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Whaling (snippet)
4. The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (snippet) / Break On Through (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet)
7. She's A Mystery To Me
8. Flower Child
13. Mercy
15. Please

17. Mofo
19. Desire / Not Fade Away (snippet) / So You Want To Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star (snippet)
20. Angel Of Harlem / Suspicious Minds (snippet) / Young Liechtensteinians (snippet)
21. Fast Cars
22. Seconds

24. Heartland
26. A Sort Of Homecoming
27. Station to Station (snippet) / Bad / Let It Be (snippet) / Come Together (snippet) / Help! (snippet) / Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (snippet) / Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite! (snippet) / Young Americans (snippet) / Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (snippet) / The First Time (snippet) / Revolution 9 (snippet) / Drunk Chicken/America (snippet) / Norwegian Wood (snippet) / (Don't Fear) The Reaper (snippet) / John, I'm Only Dancing (snippet) / Gypsy Biker (snippet) / Candle in the Wind (snippet) / All Star (snippet) / Yellow Submarine (snippet) / 40 (snippet)

:lol: :reject:

Axver said:

7. She's A Mystery To Me
8. Flower Child
13. Mercy
15. Please

17. Mofo
21. Fast Cars
22. Seconds

24. Heartland
26. A Sort Of Homecoming

:madspit: :madspit: :madspit: :madspit:

WORST.
SETLIST.
EVER.

just a rehash of the Kunstmuseum gig

really Axver, I expected more :tsk:

pepokiss said:

:madspit: :madspit: :madspit: :madspit:

WORST.
SETLIST.
EVER.

just a rehash of the Kunstmuseum gig

really Axver, I expected more :tsk:

You forgot the best bit though........

Larry walks off during the Let it be snippet, has a shower, goes for a veggie curry, then comes back for the end of 40!

:lmao:

Axver said:

7. She's A Mystery To Me
8. Flower Child
13. Mercy
15. Please

17. Mofo
21. Fast Cars
22. Seconds

24. Heartland
26. A Sort Of Homecoming

It's Kunstmuseum by numbers.

Back
Top Bottom