Salman Rushdie banned from air travel by the FAA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While I'm sure some disagree, articles like this and some of the other information that has come out recently makes me feel slightly better.

This clearly wasn't a complete and utter failure on the part of our intelligence. They most definitely knew something was up; something big. Sadly, they didn't know enough or in time. That's a most unfortunate shortfall, but I would feel even worse about how things shook out if our intelligence was completely blindsided.

If we can improve the funding/equipment, and (most importantly) add a number of qualified people to staff in order to sift through the information we can probably avoid this type of thing in the future.

very interesting...
contrary to what the media has been reporting, it looks like they DID know something was up, but they probably weren't expecting something on this magnitude.

Wow- very interesting. If that's true that's pretty #%$^ up for everyone else - why not step up "security measures" everywhere else if they knew something was up? I'm sure they thought it would be too "costly" at the time, but would have been minimal compared to the loss of lives and economic effect of what has happened...

I remember reading an article about him being banned about one day before the attack in the Globe&Mail, and it freaked me out when the attack came

------------------
"...and a thousand slimy things did crawl upon the slimy sea..."

Back
Top Bottom