Rolling Stone Magazine Coverage (New article 1/7/09)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^Nothing is cooler than Elevation. :heart:
Musically speaking. :wink:

But there was a followup by Q that took place in the last two weeks of recording which would have also been early December. Look at the Bono interview.

Dana

In the interview it stated it was the start of the final fortnight(14 days) of recording which means it would have brought them from mid-November to the start of December..and there is no mention of Lanois being present in any of the four interviews being at the studio at that time because he was just finishing up his music "in residency" at Berklee College in Boston on November 18th...he then jetted from Boston to London to join U2 at Olympic studios...Lanois hadn't arrived when the Q interviews were done.

BERKLEE | Berklee News | Daniel Lanois in Studio A

The Bono interview was done aound the same time as the others...mid November and Bono called Q magazine back 4 days later...remember will..am was still in the studio then...he was gone by the time Rolling Stone got there which was early December and Bono was talking about the work he did...and Lanois HAD JUST LEFT THE DAY BEFORE.

I think someone already said it...Winter is dropped from the album and knowing U2 will specifically be put on the "Brothers" soundtrack to get them that Oscar they never got when Feminem won a few years back

That should sum it up ...the Rolling Stone interview happened AFTER the Q interview with U2 as they always seem to .....still working on an album that is supposed to be finished...extending deadlines etc.

Possible. If we hadn't read the Q interview we wouldn't even know Winter was supposed to be on the album. So it will be on the soundtrack, that's fine. On the other hand I find it a little strange that Q is going so much into details with songs that weren't even finished at that time. The Q special looks very "definite", I think most people will expect these exact songs to be on the album. I'm still hoping for a surprise song, though.

I think someone already said it...Winter is dropped from the album and knowing U2 will specifically be put on the "Brothers" soundtrack to get them that Oscar they never got when Feminem won a few years back

Oscars! Good point. Would they be disqualified if they put the song on the soundtrack and album at the same time?

Possible. If we hadn't read the Q interview we wouldn't even know Winter was supposed to be on the album. So it will be on the soundtrack, that's fine. On the other hand I find it a little strange that Q is going so much into details with songs that weren't even finished at that time. The Q special looks very "definite", I think most people will expect these exact songs to be on the album. I'm still hoping for a surprise song, though.

You know I can't blame Q magazine.....I think they thought what we all thought...that the U2 album would have been in the "bag" by the time they came to interview them....but as U2 is prone to do(it even says this in the interview with Adam) they'll be tinkering with the album when the courier is outside waiting to take the album to be pressed

It's do with with Q's release schedule. They invariably have the interview and special a month or two before the album, and U2's schedule and the Christmas break meant the interview had to be finished early. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have review out early i.e in the next magazine.

Htdaab ......soundtrack to Soccer-moms.
even bono is aware of the fact that U2 might turn (adult contemporary)
both atyclb and htdaab = adult contemporary!

I saw the avatar and the preceeding comments to this and thought, here we go!

Translation of this post:

"blah blah, new u2 fucking sucks, ALICE COOPER, GNR I FUCKING LVOE YOU BWAAHHAHAHWHWHA!?!?!?!"

U2 shouldnt be worrying about Oscars or Grammy's on this album because I can promise almost beyond doubt that no matter how good this album is, it will not win any major awards. The love affair with U2 on these award shows during the last 2 albums has been unparalleled and I dont see them winning any major awards this time around, they may win in a minor category at the Grammys maybe but thats about it.

Thats only my opinion though, I will see if its right in a few years :)

U2 shouldnt be worrying about Oscars or Grammy's on this album because I can promise almost beyond doubt that no matter how good this album is, it will not win any major awards. The love affair with U2 on these award shows during the last 2 albums has been unparalleled and I dont see them winning any major awards this time around, they may win in a minor category at the Grammys maybe but thats about it.

Thats only my opinion though, I will see if its right in a few years :)

I couldnt disagree more. Grammys do consider things like album and single sales (probaly wont help as much as in the past). U2 are a massive band (the last of their kind still making relevant music). They will win just about everything they are up for. Lock it in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom