Rest of U2 Survivor: Rattle and Hum - Round 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Hawkmoon 269

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • Heartland

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • God Part II

Votes: 33 42.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
Van Diemen's Land was mercy-killed last round, with a whopping 40 votes.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- Hawkmoon 269
- Heartland
- God Part II

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

This round was meant to be easy. Heartland's my clear favourite and I don't think it's any secret that I'm one of the Heartland Fanclub's unofficial leaders. God Part II is one of my favourite U2 songs ever, and I consider it one of Larry's precious few worthwhile drum performances since the early eighties. So Hawkmoon should've been my vote without hesitation.

Then I listened to it yesterday and I'm not so sure. Bah!

Well, whichever way I go, what fantastic songs to have to pick between. I'd say these three are the three best from RAH. :drool:

I was thinking, "Hmm...maybe God Part II." Then, I listened to it again.

Sorry, Hawkmoon 269.

phillyfan26 said:
I was thinking, "Hmm...maybe God Part II." Then, I listened to it again.

Sorry, Hawkmoon 269.

Yeah, I just played them back-to-back now and came to the same conclusion. Still not an easy choice, but now I think my initial instincts were right and Hawkmoon has to sadly go. God Part II's guitar is better, its lyrics are better, its drumming is better by miles and miles, and it doesn't have a shitty intro or outro.

Hawkmoon 269 easily. The race between God Part II and Heartland will be much more difficult, though.

Heartland is the strong leader right now... but I'm kinda shocked it has so many votes!

GP2 again...not that it sucks, but both HM269 and VDL are better. Actually GP2 and Heartland are pretty close, but a vote for Heartland before the finale is a waste :(

I'm also going to wait for a bit, so I can see if my vote helps to save Hawkmoon.

I would actually vote for Heartland right now, but I think God Part II has a better chance of being voted off.

I can't believe Heartland isn't actually that far behind.

Back
Top Bottom