Rest of U2 Survivor: Passengers - Round 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• United Colours

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Slug

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Your Blue Room

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Always Forever Now

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Beach Sequence

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • ... Let's Go Native

Votes: 24 58.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

The beach is completely over-rated. My friend dragged me there in November last year because she wanted to go and didn't want to do so alone, so I just sat there reading Dostoevsky and looking like a fool in my suit trousers and neatly pressed shirt. Libraries are such better places to be.

But geography rocks. I'm pretty sure I could identify every single country on a map and place its capital (and in most cases, other major cities) with a fair degree of accuracy. As for cool country names, Djibouti is awesome but has nothing on Kyrgyzstan.

I now have an image of you in a tuxedo and tophat everywhere you go. I am personally a fan of lying in the sun reading instead of sitting in a library reading, but I can understand your aversion to the beach.

I'm revising anyway, I'd go to Dublin, then skiing (because if I had that plane, I'm sure I could make enough money for skis and lift tickets), then to the beach. Because despite it being winter here I last went to the beach 1.5 months ago and skiing 15 months ago.

I can't do capitals, but I can do other major cities and sites. Have you discovered Traveller IQ on facebook? :drool: and I normally shun facebook applications. I made a U2 one a while back that like 5 people have played.

Djibouti kicks Kyrgyztan's ass. Djibouti Djibouti Djibouti Djibouti Djibouti. It sends me into fits of deliciously juvenile giggles.

Axver said:

Though for the record, I don't like any Elvis era at all.
I don't listen to him often but you have to recognize his creativity and roll in the rest of 20th century music.

Anything yellow has to be good. Except the Coldplay song.

:lol:

2 votes for yellow, yellow it is.

(Normally I prefer green, then red, then yellow, but I've only ever had the red one of these.)

Varitek said:
I now have an image of you in a tuxedo and tophat everywhere you go. I am personally a fan of lying in the sun reading instead of sitting in a library reading, but I can understand your aversion to the beach.

:lol: I don't look quite that ridiculous, don't worry.

I can't do capitals, but I can do other major cities and sites. Have you discovered Traveller IQ on facebook? :drool: and I normally shun facebook applications. I made a U2 one a while back that like 5 people have played.

I despise Facebook and refuse to use it, so no. But there was some really long geography test website that I've now lost the link to that I managed to blitz through. It was incredible fun.

Axver said:

:lol: I don't look quite that ridiculous, don't worry.

frasier02.jpg

???

The best place to read, by a huge margin, is in the sun on the hill at a quiet cricket ground.

Heaven.

Ian, I presume that was a joke that just sailed right over my head.

Wait, is that a very veiled reference to Sideshow Bob's hair?

Varitek said:

I like pears a lot. Though not as much as grapefruits and kiwis.

Kiwifruit. Adorable little flightless birds are kiwis.

Enjoy Axver - it's highly addictive. In fact, I might take a break from not writing my paper due in 7 hours to play a few rounds...

http://www.travelpod.com/traveler-iq

But you can't access the ones individuals have made on facebook, so you are not only missing out on my U2 quiz but I'm sure on some random stuff about trains and en-zee.

Varitek said:
Enjoy Axver - it's highly addictive. In fact, I might take a break from not writing my paper due in 7 hours to play a few rounds...

http://www.travelpod.com/traveler-iq

Ah yes, that's the one I was thinking of. Might give it another go once I've cooked dinner, which I really should tear myself away from Interference and do.

Axver said:

Kiwifruit. Adorable little flightless birds are kiwis.

That youtube video was awesome.

Kiwibirds :wink: are among the many awesome sounding animals I'd like to see in Australia - Wallabees, Dingos, Kangaroos, Koalas, Kiwis, Wombats, Canberras... :wink:

Varitek said:

I like pears a lot. Though not as much as grapefruits and kiwis. Or pineapples or most berries. But they're up there.

Pears are way down the list. Way, way down in fact.

Axver said:
Wait, is that a very veiled reference to Sideshow Bob's hair?

Actually it was a reference to a character who wears a suit everywhere.

I thought i had the Traveler IQ application but it seems to be a Where Have You Been Application

coolian2 said:
Actually it was a reference to a character who wears a suit everywhere.

Ah, right. Because my unkempt hair seems to stand in stark contrast to my manner of dress.

Anyhow, keep the thread warm while I cook dinner.

coolian2 said:

I thought i had the Traveler IQ application but it seems to be a Where Have You Been Application

Yeah I have both. Those and scrabbulus are the only 3 I have, because I like showing off where I've travelled and I'm a horrible time-waster. But I don't share my Traveler IQ stats for fear someone would realize just how many times I've played it.

Are you in the interference facebook group?

coolian2 said:

Who can't love the fair city of Ougadougou?

I see you Ougadougou and I raise you Tegucigalpa. Also, the capital of Djibouti is still Djibouti, though Uranus might be a good guess.

edit: I also nominate Pyongyang, Minsk, Nouakchott, Skopje, Ljubljana, Mbabane, Paramaribo, Ashgabat, Reykjavik, and Ulaanbaatar.

Last edited:
Varitek said:

Yeah I have both. Those and scrabbulus are the only 3 I have, because I like showing off where I've travelled and I'm a horrible time-waster. But I don't share my Traveler IQ stats for fear someone would realize just how many times I've played it.

Are you in the interference facebook group?

I see you Ougadougou and I raise you Tegucigalpa. Also, the capital of Djibouti is still Djibouti, though Uranus might be a good guess.

I'm in the "Interference Facebook" group, i presume that's the only one.

Hehe, Traveler IQ just asked me to find Djibouti.

Tegucigalpa seems to roll off the tongue a bit better that Ouagadougou.

coolian2 said:
Damn, 45,283. That's because i kept thinking of Male instead of Mali and my crappy mouse had me clicking in the Indian Ocean for Karachi.

On which challenge? My high on normal world is level 12, 597,583. I have 2 friends higher than me and both are from Asian-Pacific Islands and therefor have an extremely unfair advantage.

I'm winning Africa and I'd be doing a lot better if I could get more of the damn bonus round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom