Rest of U2 Survivor: October - Round 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Gloria

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Fall Down

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • I Threw a Brick

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • Rejoice

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
With a Shout was sent packing last round, with a whopping 27 votes.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours.
Songs in this round:

- Gloria
- I Fall Down
- I Threw A Brick
- Rejoice
- Tomorrow

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

Definitely I Fall Down. The piano is mundane and uninteresting, while Bono's attempt at storytelling is weak.

Plus, along with Scarlet, the other four songs left are in October's top five if you ask me. Gloria and Tomorrow are obviously sensational, and Rejoice and Brick have some storming drumming from Larry.

This is where it gets harder for me. I'm going to have to think about this one.

I Fall Down, last (relatively) easy choice...

CTU2fan said:
I Fall Down, last (relatively) easy choice...

Yeah, if I Fall Down gets the boot here, it's going to be really hard to choose in the next round. I'll probably go with Brick in that case, but it's nonetheless very under-rated by many people.

phanan said:
Gloria and Tomorrow are the obvious final two, with Gloria winning in a runaway.

If I remember past editions correctly, hasn't it actually been reasonably close between Gloria and Tomorrow?

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I Threw A Brick is better musically, but the song has never grabbed me in the way that I Fall Down does. So yeah, I don't want I Fall Down to get voted out just yet :(

I'm going with ITABTAW, because this is about album versions, and I don't like the album version of that song all that much. :shrug:

phillyfan26 said:
I'm going with ITABTAW, because this is about album versions, and I don't like the album version of that song all that much. :shrug:

Agreed, album version < live versions by far. I'll probably post a live version in the "round 6" thread to try and sway people, rules be damned :)

Gotta go for Tomorrow, just doesn't excite me as much of the other songs......intriguing lyrical sentiment, cracking intro, but gets a bit too repetitive in a bad way for my liking....

phanan said:
I don't recall, but I'm sure Gloria was the winner.

Yeah, the time Tomorrow won was in the Non-Single Survivor that excluded Gloria. But I think when they have gone head to head, Tomorrow's put in a respectable showing.

I go with Brick this time, although I think everything starts being very equal here, so it's just down to little personal preferences in each song for me now. (Although I do think Rejoice and Gloria are the top songs on the record)

Last edited:
Damnit, where's this surge of Brick votes come from? Earlier, there were 5 for IFD and just 1 for Brick, with even Rejoice beating it on 2. Now it's 10 to Brick and 9 to IFD.

Ah well, looks like whichever doesn't go now will go in the next round. Maybe we should try for a tie and kick out both?

They're even now... and I hadn't even read the above post when I voted...

It almost looks as though we could skip all the rounds inbetween and just conduct a poll between Gloria and Tomorrow... but that would defeat the entire purpose and fun of this 'rest of U2 song survivor' now, wouldn't it? ;)

Back
Top Bottom