Rest of U2 Survivor: ATYCLB - Round 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Kite

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • In a Little While

Votes: 15 19.0%
  • When I Look At the World

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • New York

Votes: 42 53.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
This thread makes me sad. I'm normally the first in the Arsehole Brigade, but I like biff.

:(

Thank you, Axver. I actually don't think (at least this time) that I was being an arsehole. Someone saw my comment as sarcastic when it wasn't, and I think that's because every third comment (modest estimate) is laden with it.

Anyway, a big smooch your way.:wave:

P.S. New York stinks.

Maybe it would have been better to just roll your eyes quietly to yourself and leave a thread you had no interest in, instead of saying this:

biff said:
Ah, I see...the fine print that distinguishes this poll from the 3,417 that have gone before.

No offence to anyone, but man, this place is getting more desperate by the day.

Because really, there was a) no reason to say that; and b) no way you could not have predicted the response.

corianderstem said:
Maybe it would have been better to just roll your eyes quietly to yourself and leave a thread you had no interest in, instead of saying this:

Because really, there was a) no reason to say that; and b) no way you could not have predicted the response.

Seriously, and not wanting to escalate this, but I've seen dozens (maybe hundreds) of comments like that in this forum in the past year, and they haven't been pounced on and sworn at. :shrug:

Sometimes comments just rub you the wrong way, and other times they roll off your back. It's all in the timing.

I'm sure you've experienced that, too.

And honestly, yours might be the first one that's come up in a thread I'm heavily involved in. I'm not in all threads at all times, and don't care about the bulk of the threads going on.

I stay out of the threads I don't care about. I don't go in and poke my head around before making a semi-snide remark about the quality of the thread or how awful this place is these days.

... unless I'm in a really bad mood, har har har. But seriously, I don't think I've done that.

Last edited:
biff said:

Seriously, and not wanting to escalate this, but I've seen dozens (maybe hundreds) of comments like that in this forum in the past year, and they haven't been pounced on and sworn at. :shrug:

How do you see all of these comments if you find yourself increasingly staying away from the site? Just curious.

Or maybe other people are just better at ignoring the snide remarks in their threads than I am.

No spoken words said:

How do you see all of these comments if you find yourself increasingly staying away from the site? Just curious.

I don't see any contradiction. Perhaps I used to live here.

biff said:

I don't see any contradiction. Perhaps I used to live here.

You said over the past year that you'd seen hundreds or perhaps thousands of similar posts. You indicated, however, that lately you post less and less. Seems contradictory to me. :shrug:

But I'm not all that bright, so, there's that to factor in. Regardless, you kissed and made up with my ex-wife, and that's all that really matters.

Since New York will likely be mercy-killed and there's nothing I can do about it, I'll throw out a vote for In A Little While.

No, no. Remember, we banned all physical contact from these polls after that one argument during the Achtung Baby rounds turned into a massive orgy.

It wasn't pretty.

corianderstem said:
No, no. Remember, we banned all physical contact from these polls after that one argument during the Achtung Baby rounds turned into a massive orgy.

It wasn't pretty.

You likely dashed off towards a more secluded area of the site, knowing you.

Trollup.

No spoken words said:

You said over the past year that you'd seen hundreds or perhaps thousands of similar posts. You indicated, however, that lately you post less and less. Seems contradictory to me. :shrug:

LOL, hundreds or thousands? I think you're wrong; I might have said millions.

On first glance, I thought you said something about your fuckin socks.

Which would have been an awesome non-sequitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom