Rest of U2 Survivor: Achtung Baby - Round 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Zoo Station

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Who's Gonna Ride...

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • So Cruel

Votes: 37 41.6%
  • The Fly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Ultraviolet

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Acrobat

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Love is Blindness

Votes: 7 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wiiiild hoooorseees couuuuldn't draaag me awaaaay

...wrong song. Uh, I voted for WGRYWH, but my vote isn't really helping So Cruel at this point.

For the record, I hated So Cruel the first time I listened to Achtung Baby. I thought it was too slow and too long and boring. Then in the coming months, I actually paid attention to the lyrics, and discovered its beauty. I even appreciate the tempo now, and the extra bit of flavour the bodhran brings to it. Maybe I like it so much because it's a little bit dirty... and I'm the kind of cruel girl the song is written about :shifty:

And here I was thinking that thread of "fuck [something]" was bad.

I love So Cruel, and it has some strong sentimental ties for me. I know some people don't consider that valid but whatever. I'm going with Zoo Station, and Ultraviolet would be after that but it'll surely go before Zoo Station.

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention that I voted for Ultraviolet. Didn't break me up too much at all. :wink:

Hey! :angry: I finally decided which song I was going to vote, came here and it says I already voted :( If I did, it was by accident so now I don't even know where my vote went. Boo!

bonocomet said:
Hey! :angry: I finally decided which song I was going to vote, came here and it says I already voted :( If I did, it was by accident so now I don't even know where my vote went. Boo!

That's too bad. But I'd be surprised if So Cruel would've survived anyway....

How in the hell did songs like Wild Horses and Ultraviolet get mores votes than Love Is Blindness? I was expecting LIB to go really early.

I think it's just personal taste though - I just don't click with the sound. It does have great lyrics, etc.

Just a random thing:

My humanities teacher is gonna make us listen to Acrobat because supposedly it ties in with a book about Feminism... so there you go

Acrobat is a Feminist song :wink:

Difficult album this, but I'm wanting Zoo Station to emerge victorious.

Wild Horses should go out next...

I'm going with Wild Horses , I may be throwing away my vote but there is no way I am voting for So Cruel .

LemonMelon said:
Better question:

Why no love for So Cruel? :(
Amen.

You and I can start the So Cruel club, and none of these jerks that voted for it will be invited :angry:

u2trinity said:
I'm going with Wild Horses , I may be throwing away my vote but there is no way I am voting for So Cruel .
Eleven more people that think like you, and we can save So Cruel!

Wow! I completely missed Round 1! Better decide what to vote for now before I miss Round 2 as well!

...Hoping Acrobat :love: :drool: and The Fly make it to the last round... :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom