Red Rocks concert video appreciation.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gareth brown

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Clue's in the title, really. Show your love for a truly fantastic concert and video! Excellent performance, near perfect setlist! Brilliant stuff I'll never tire of watching/listening to!

Was looking through some records today in a charity shop and my friend says "Hey, Gareth they've got a U2 video here [Red Rocks]. I'm assuming you've got it?" and for some reason I picked it up to see if anything was different. I don't know why I always do that with stuff I already have knowing full well it's going to be exactly the same but this time it paid off because this copy has 'The Electric Co' on it, which was a nice surprise! Only £2.50 but I had no money on me so I've got to get it tommorow...

I remember some people mentioning they had copies of the tape with that track on it and being rather envious because at one point a few years ago I was obsessed with that tape and went totally nuts when I found out there were loads of tracks taken out and always wanted to see them since the audio alone is never going to be enough! :wink:

-Ramble over, someone else say something about it! I want to hear other people's thoughts on this concert!

I love Red Rocks. The whole ambience of the show, the weather, the crowd....it's mystical and magical in a weird kind of way. It was a popular and memorable show. I know someone who was there and she recently came across her ticket stub while moving and paid only $10.50 for the ticket for that show! I have it on VHS and on DVD. Haven't watched it in a while, think I will again one of these days soon. Thanks for the thread~:wink:

HERE HERE! Great thread! I love the story of that concert too. How it almost didn't happen due to extremely bad weather in Denver. But the band and Paul were adamant about doing the show anyway. And thank god they did. :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:

i only wish they'd included the entire concert :(

Too true, too true. :( is right.

It's dated-as-fuck, nowadays, but I still love it. Great throwback. Great energy. Embarrassing in the best possible way. I love it and always will.

Haha! I actually made this thread having not heard the concert in MONTHS, I just downloaded the full soundboard again to replace my CD-Rs [R.I.P] and I've decided that's probably the greatest performance of Sunday Bloody Sunday in existance. Ever! Now I'm off to buy that extra track VHS from the charity shop...!

^ Damn right&don't you see lots of great shots at nice angles too?! :combust: :combust: :combust:

How i wish they'd shown a close-up of Bono with his shirt off too......:sigh: :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom