Red Hill Mining Town Video !!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
at last! thank you!... i've waited 20 years to see this :) !!

omg it's really as crappy and cheesy as it has always been described:pPP these birds flying from adam's and edge's hands are cracking me up lol :lol:

I quite like the budgies... very Neil Jordan. Apart from that I stand by everything Bono said in reference to this video!! Fair play to them for having the balls to release it!

I couldn't resist........ try as I might to wait until tomorrow, I watched it now. :wink:

Lame idea in general, but some cool bits. Bono's ferocity--awesome, and reminiscent of his live stage persona from the era. And I love the few seconds of instrumental intro. :yes:

So now I finally understand the meaning of the song...it's about a few birds in a coal mine.

Really boring videoclip.

That is one cheesy video (god I love the 80's) and BVS thank you for that really crappy video of Pride.

:lmao:

When Adam released the canaries, I thought both of my lungs would collapse.

Still, it's cool to finally see this footage (as cringeworthy as it is).

I'll never understand why no matter what U2 does, someone is always unhappy:lol:

This is really cool... regardless if the video 'sucks' or is 'cheesy' or whatever. It's something we've never seen before, its a real treat :up:
I wonder why it was never released.

and damn Bono looks hawt....

I agree with Sicy, this is a real treat, the song is so powerful and it's so weird to see an old video being newly released... very surreal.

re: the pride video... Corbjin clearly had a long way to go back then.....

Oh my god, Bono's sullen expressions...:lmao:

Larry using the wall as a drum kit. :lmao:

My sides are aching...:lmao:

honestly LOL, thank god the band didn't show this in 87 it would have completely made them a laughing stock. It says a lot to me that they knew even in the 80's that this was too cheesy. It's like a bad Simple Minds video or that David Brent video for If You Don't Know Me By Now! Larry hitting that bit of steel reminds me of Depeche Mode (before Corbijn saved them) in the 80's but at least they had an industrial feel to their music.
This is over-serious, po-faced and pretty funny to be honest. i like the fact that they released it though, it shows that they are comfortable with their image now. I can imagine them laughing when they watched it again! Says a lot for gorgeous videos like WOWY and ISHFWILF though.

The only saving grace is that i've never seen Bono look better...

EDIT: just watched it again and it's very homo-erotic! Superb!

Last edited:
I like it because it is so 80's...all I could think of is the video for "when doves cry"....finally good to see bono actually sing the song....love it...

THIS is the prime example of "it's so bad is good"

:lmao:

Edge and the bird... OMG

yet, the final image is GOLD

I honestly didn't think it was bad. Maybe a bit boring for the most part, due to how it's just Bono singing at the camera with Larry to one side with some rare footage of the others to break it up, but I'd say over half of U2's music videos are worse than this. And as Utoo mentioned, Bono's acting is reminiscent of his JT era stage presence.

Back
Top Bottom