Rattle and Hum V.S. Zooropa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zooropa if we take the whole record - 10 vs 17 songs.

Song by song, and excluding covers/live songs, it would be a closer call.

Off topic: should Van Diemen's land qualify as the first (and if I remember right) only solo member song on a U2 album? I mean, Edge is the only one playing and singing - even Numb has Adam and Larry playing and Bono singing backing vocals. (and MLK I presume has Edge on keyboards)

Last edited:
U2Man said:
come on the title track of zooropa crushes everything on rah alone.
Axver said:

Ahem, Heartland and God Part II.
I personally agree that 'Zooropa' wins the contest simply because of the title track (along with lemon!) BUT those two Rattle and Hum tracks are definitely worth an honourable mention. The rest of Rattle and Hum pales in comparison and i definitely agree it's killed off by it's lack of flow. Awful album in that respect though not sure if it's my least favourite!

funny people -
miles away: Rattle and Hum.

Desire - perhaps there best release ever - and also all I want is you is truely a masterpiece.

U2 were on their absolut top during that time - no discussion needed

zooropazooropazooropazooropazooropazooropa

Zooropa. It's creative genious. I also used to think that the second half of Zooropa was weak (Some Day's Are better Than Others I still can't listen to), but now I really appreciate Dirty Day and The Wanderer.

Both are really good albums. But the guts U2 showed with Zooropa has to be admired. They created their best work with Achtung baby, yet they still decided to go in a new direction with the next album, rather than stick with a successful formula. And in my opinion it worked.

Zooropa, Numb, Stay and The Wanderer are amazing.

But so to are Desire, Hawkmoon, God Part II and All I Want Is You. R&H doesn't deserve the flack it gets, although four non-U2 tracks and 3 live versions from previous albums means it doesn't flow as it should.

Zooropa, but I still have a lot of love for Rattle and Hum. All I want is you, heartland,desire and God Part 2 are some of their best songs. VDL is beautiful too, I wish Edge would do another lead vocal like that.

As has been said before R&H has much stronger studio songs:

Heartland, Hawkmoon, God Part II, Angel of Harlem, Desire,
AIWIY :heart: :heart: :heart:

Zooropa's only strong point is that the songs flow better IMO.

Back
Top Bottom