Rate the Song Series: Your Blue Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Your Blue Room

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is easy. 10. Combination of Bono's finest and most unique vocals, Larry's hypnotic drumming, terrific organ melody, Adam's unexpected vocals and the overall haunting atmosphere is something that U2 found it difficult to match afterwards.

(No surprise to see this one being [over?]rated so far.) It's a great little tune, but let's keep some perspective here -- just because it's the best Passengers song doesn't mean it's as good as 'With or Without You'. Anyway, this is good song. In retrospect, maybe they should have held this over for Pop and actually put the name "U2" on it.

(No surprise to see this one being [over?]rated so far.) It's a great little tune, but let's keep some perspective here -- just because it's the best Passengers song doesn't mean it's as good as 'With or Without You'. Anyway, this is good song. In retrospect, maybe they should have held this over for Pop and actually put the name "U2" on it.

i gave it a 10 because i like it as much as WOWY, maybe even more. :shrug:

Better be getting some love around here after the live performances, and considering the color scheme around here is inspired by it (I assume).

I didn't even know that there was a song called Your Blue Room until this poll.

Even at the Toronto show, I was like: "wtf is this shit?? Why do I hear Edge but his lips arent moving?? BEER BREAK!!11!"

:shifty:

:wink:

(No surprise to see this one being [over?]rated so far.) It's a great little tune, but let's keep some perspective here -- just because it's the best Passengers song doesn't mean it's as good as 'With or Without You'.

IMHO, this is better than With Or Without You, One, and Bad.

Incidentally, what is the "blue room" spoken of in the song? Is it a web forum where crusty people throw around keyboard criticism of a band of whom we're collectively not worthy? Or is it the place where Adam had his liasions with Naomi Campbell, thus inspiring his vocal cameo on the tune?

10! i love the entire song, especially the mood, the edges' minimalistic solo (genius!) and adams voice philosophing about zooming and cellular phones.:up:

10 billion

Transcends any other song in U2's discography.

Perfect art-soul piece reminiscent of late-period Talk Talk.

you're dead right, it's actually much better than with or without you.

but omg it's not actually a u2 song even though it couldn't be more painfully obvious that it is! :gah:

Regardless, it's still better than WOWY, One, and studio Bad. If I named all the songs that are, I could shamelessly fill up this thread fast enough to make The Scientist blush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom