Rate the Song Series: Mysterious Ways

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Mysterious Ways

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
7. Fun enough but nothing special on the album. I'd have given it a 6 if it weren't for how great it has been live. It's more a 7.5 with live taken into account, but I'm disgruntled with the 360 version so I'm rounding down rather than up (plus this will probably poll well anyway).

Also, I find the studio guitar tone rather unsatisfying compared to the live guitar tone. Can't quite put my finger on why.

10/10
Especially with the ZooTV rendition kept in mind.

The song needs to get some props for that it's pretty amazing in my mind on how legitimately funky this track is coming after their stoic 80s period. They haven't been able to replicate such a genuine groove since MY, and now we're stuck with that atrocious Crazy Tonight remix.

8. Great song. Really funky though it doesn't stand out on AB. Love the slide solo.

Used to be quite unappreciative of the song about 5-6 years back, and it's just grown and grown (much like ISHFWILF), I'm tempted to give it a 10, but no, I can't, 9.5 is all I can give it, which must be a 9.

At the time it was said that this was U2 just hanging on the coat tails of Madchester. Who'd have known that 18 years later Mysterious Ways is one of the most famous and popular of U2's songs which has lasted better and is more widely known than most songs from that scene. Live it's sublime. A solid 10.

9 in studio, 10 for every live version except for this year.

A classic like this has to get a 10. So many legendary live versions, Edge's solo is one of his best.

10, better than Fly, Acrobat, Zoo Station, I think it's in my top 3 from the album actually.

Ten. Awesome, awesome song. This is the best example of U2 being fun while not being stupid, and their ultimate juxtaposition of sex and religion.

10. It's got a fantastic groove. I remember it being one of those songs I would hear on the radio a lot before I really got into the band that would made me want to check out more of their music. I also see it as being similar to songs like Lemon or Mofo in that it's not just a great tune, but it really took them out of their comfort zone sonically in a great way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom