Rate the Song Series: Elvis Presley and America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Elvis Presley and America

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Big fat 0. I've never understood a word of what Bono's singing and it's just a stupid song.

i dunno how the U2 fanbase in general feels about this song, but i personally love it. this is THE song i listen to lying in bed on cold, wintery nights.......very surreal song!

U2 wanking to what they perceive to be their own genius. Lots of wonderful pieces here, but there's no excuse for that vocal. None. And there's no excuse for this being over 6 minutes long with no real climax either.

Could be better, but isn't. 6.

Hmm... seven. I really enjoy it when I listen to the album (which is pretty often), but I have no desire to listen to it ever as a single.

guess who struck it right again.

hopefully you can all stop drooling just for a moment so that this song doesn't end up with a much higher score than it deserves. seven tens?

U2 wanking to what they perceive to be their own genius. Lots of wonderful pieces here, but there's no excuse for that vocal. None. And there's no excuse for this being over 6 minutes long with no real climax either.

Could be better, but isn't. 6.

NO CLIMAX?!
NO CLIMAX?!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN! :tsk:, My heart, she breaks.

Great song, love the way it meanders through the UF era's gorgeous atmospherics. Passionate conclusion too. Love how it feels blurry and out of focus. 9.

For a song so routinely slammed, this is stunningly good polling.

My only disappointment is that it's beating ISS, an even more exceptional track.

Back
Top Bottom