Rank the Best of new songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Sweetest Thing, Hands that built America, Electrical Storm, The saints are coming, Window in the skies.

1. Electrical Storm
2. Sweetest thing
3. Hands that built America
4. Window in the skies
5. The saints are coming

1-Electrical Storm
2-Sweetest Thing
3-The Saints Are Coming
4-Window In The Skies
5-Hands That Built America

This is hard, as Electrical Storm is the only song that I really think much of, and even then, only in original form. The William Orbit mix neuters the song.

1. Electrical Storm
2. The Hands That Built America
3. Sweetest Thing
4. Window In The Skies
5,000,000,000. The Saints Are Coming

Axver said:
This is hard, as Electrical Storm is the only song that I really think much of, and even then, only in original form. The William Orbit mix neuters the song.

1. Electrical Storm
2. The Hands That Built America
3. Sweetest Thing
4. Window In The Skies
5,000,000,000. The Saints Are Coming

Agree 99%. Would have been 100% but you are far too kind to TSAC, Id say 1,000,000,000,000. would have been better!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Electrical Storm is a great song, possibly their best this century apart from TGBHF.
Which one is the WIlliam Orbit mix? I hate the one which opens with a guitar line? The one that starts with the dreamy keyboard line is infinitely superior! It's the version used in the video.

I think TSAC is someway better than HTBA, so with that in mind:

1. Electrical Storm
2. Sweetest Thing
3. Window In The Sky
4. The Saints Are Coming
5. The Hands That Built America

1) Electrical Storm
2) The Saints Are Coming
3) Window In The Skies
4) Sweetest Thing
5) The Hands That Built America

An Cat Gav said:
As I mentioned in an earlier post, Electrical Storm is a great song, possibly their best this century apart from TGBHF.
Which one is the WIlliam Orbit mix? I hate the one which opens with a guitar line? The one that starts with the dreamy keyboard line is infinitely superior! It's the version used in the video.

the one you hate is the 'band version', the one you like, from the video is the 'William Orbit mix'.

Aygo said:

the one you hate is the 'band version', the one you like, from the video is the 'William Orbit mix'.
Oh right?
I was wrong to say that I hate it, but in my humble opinion, the Orbit mix is far superior. Maybe my Ecstatic days going to raves in the 90s pushed me in the direction of W Orbit and his music style.

1. Window In The Skies
2. Electrical Storm
3. The Hands That Built America
4. Sweetest Thing
5. The Saints Are Coming

1. Window in the skies
2. Electrical Storm
3. Sweetest thing
4. The saints are coming
5. Hands that built America

1. Electrical Storm
2. Window In The Skies
3. The Saints Are Coming
4. The Hands That Built America
5. Sweetest Thing

1. Window
2. Storm
3. Sweetest
4. Saints
5. Hands

For some intangible reason, I love Windows, but I think Hands makes my skin crawl. Edge has a couple nice changes in there (although that keyboard sound is pretty terrible), but everything else seems so lazy and tossed-off that it drives me crazy. Bono's "hook" of the chorus is especially egregious and some of his verses seem shoe-horned into a meter in the most awkward way.

It is absolutely bonkers that they won an academy award for this. Not that I take much stock in the awards, but this is just not a worthy effort or execution.

1. Electrical Storm
2. WITS
3. Sweetest Thing/Saints
5. THTBA

Last edited:
1. The saints are coming
2. Electrical Storm
3. Window in the skies
4. Sweetest thing
5. Hands that built America

1. Electrical Storm
2. Window in the Skies
3. Sweetest Thing
4. The Saints Are Coming

Never sat through all of HTBA..

1.Electrical Storm
2.THTBA
3.Windows in the Skies
4.Sweetest Thing
5.The Saints Are Coming

1. Window in the skies :heart: :heart:
2. Electrical Storm
3. Sweetest thing
4. Hands that built America
5. The saints are coming

I think its safe to say thus far, Saints is deservedly in last place............fekin good enuff for ya, ya third rate peice of shit song!

ahittle said:

It is absolutely bonkers that they won an academy award for this. Not that I take much stock in the awards, but this is just not a worthy effort or execution.

They didn't, they just won a nomination, but finally lost to Eminem's Lose Yourself. :mad:

1. Electrical Storm
2. The Saints Are Coming
3. Sweetest Thing
5. Window In The Skies

I think they're all depressingly average, but I'll rank them anyway.

1. Electrical Storm
2. Sweetest Thing
3. Window In The Skies
5. The Saints Are Coming

GibsonGirl said:
I think they're all depressingly average

Yeah I agree. Electrical Storm and Sweetest Thing are the only halfway decent ones out of the lot I think.

1. Sweetest Thing
2. Electrical Storm
3. Window In The Skies
4. The Saints Are Coming
5. The Hands That Bored America

1. Sweetest Thing
2. Electrical Storm (The Orbit Mix)
3. The Hands That Built America (The Edit + 2.5 Varispeed)
4. Window in the Skies
5. The Saints Are Coming

I dig all of them but The Saints Are Coming, not for the Green Day collaboration, but because Bono is basically screaming unintelligibly throughout the entire song.

I'll pay him 5 bucks to listen to The Unforgettable Fire album in its entirety again.

Back
Top Bottom