Q Magazine snippets - now Consolidated (Pics added 12/29/08 & 1/1/09)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmmm, cool photos those....but surely their leakage would mean that the text that accompanies the photos is out there to read somewhere......

Yeah we have the important stuff anyway.

So there's no mention of the single release date in the magazine? Vertigo came out a full two months before HTDAAB. I was hoping we'd hear Get Your Boots On within the next week or two...

So there's no mention of the single release date in the magazine? Vertigo came out a full two months before HTDAAB. I was hoping we'd hear Get Your Boots On within the next week or two...

I would imagine u2.com will be announcing it soon. I wouldn't really trust any other source.

I think the idea is to get a single out soon so that the second single can be announced around the time that the album is actually released. At least I think this is how it has worked for U2 with their last two.

Just though there would be some interviews or pages and pages of text, rather than just massive photos and that wee article that is already on the website thingo.

What i find so lame about people who complain about the eyeliner and the bowler is their complete lack of reference. Bono's "quoting" A Clockwork Orange and the Droog look.

If Alex and his story is an unspoken reference within the context of the album, we could be in for some really cool stuff.

What i find so lame about people who complain about the eyeliner and the bowler is their complete lack of reference. Bono's "quoting" A Clockwork Orange and the Droog look.

If Alex and his story is an unspoken reference within the context of the album, we could be in for some really cool stuff.

no offense....but people who use the word "lame" are "lame". I think its time to find a new word. There are millions more out there.

and FYI, we all get the very obvious Clockwork Orange reference. I highly doubt it has anything at all to do with the album in any way judging by what we've read about the songs...but anythings possible.

Not to mention he's already dipped into that well with the music composed for the stage version or Clockwork back before Achtung Baby.

No need to revisit the material.

Not to mention he's already dipped into that well with the music composed for the stage version or Clockwork back before Achtung Baby.

No need to revisit the material.

I have to admit that Clockwork is a great movie and all, but its one of those movies that if you "reference" it then you come across as pretentious, obvious, and trying too hard. Its like trying to reference the Phantom of the Opera by wearing half a mask on your face. Its already been done...no need to redo it....know what I mean?

he had it in the video for this new chrismas (red) song

Which was done on the same day as the Q shoot possibly right afterwards. They are wearing the same clothes. Doesn't mean anything definite. As Adam said in the behind the scenes video for the shoot, Bono is experimenting with characters trying to find how to express the music. Bono often talks about trying to figure out who is singing the songs. It may be even more difficult for him this time because he is rumored to be writing from more of a third person perspective than he has been comfortable with in the past.

Dana

no offense....but people who use the word "lame" are "lame". I think its time to find a new word. There are millions more out there.

and FYI, we all get the very obvious Clockwork Orange reference. I highly doubt it has anything at all to do with the album in any way judging by what we've read about the songs...but anythings possible.

Sorry...didn't mean to be so lame.

And what really is lame, is speaking for others..."we all get..." There's people out there who give the impression that they think that the guy in the Killers invented wearing eyeliner.

and...isn't one the the new lyrics "reboot yourself?"

Isn't Alex's reprogramming against violence a bit of a "reboot"...couldn't love be used to "reset" his mind?

Believe me, I'm not saying the new album is about ACO...but it does seem to be hinting at some quasi sci-fi themes like AB or Zooropa did.

Sorry...didn't mean to be so lame.

And what really is lame, is speaking for others..."we all get..." There's people out there who give the impression that they think that the guy in the Killers invented wearing eyeliner.

and...isn't one the the new lyrics "reboot yourself?"

Isn't Alex's reprogramming against violence a bit of a "reboot"...couldn't love be used to "reset" his mind?

Believe me, I'm not saying the new album is about ACO...but it does seem to be hinting at some quasi sci-fi themes like AB or Zooropa did.

You bring up an interesting possible connection there in regards to ACO. The problem with ACO was that Alex was reprogrammed to be afraid of everything and it didn't work out so well. You could say that in America the Republicans have been holding the country hostage through fear mongering for many years and perhaps on of the things this election showed was that we were ready to reboot ourselves to try something different for a change. If Alex had been rebooted to love everything instead that certainly would be a different story. Sounds reasonable as a U2 message to me. :love:

Dana

The description of "Breathe" in Q sounds a bit different than the beach clip to me. Does anyone else (who has listened to the beach clip a lot) think that perhaps this song has undergone a major overhaul? I hope so, because while I think the song as it stands in the beach clip is great, it doesn't really fit the description in Q (cello, tom toms) or Eno's lavish praise. I think this one might be a pleasant, new surprise. Unknown Caller and Magnificent are hopefully untouched.

The description of "Breathe" in Q sounds a bit different than the beach clip to me. Does anyone else (who has listened to the beach clip a lot) think that perhaps this song has undergone a major overhaul? I hope so, because while I think the song as it stands in the beach clip is great, it doesn't really fit the description in Q (cello, tom toms) or Eno's lavish praise. I think this one might be a pleasant, new surprise. Unknown Caller and Magnificent are hopefully untouched.

you certainly can't detect any cello because of the sound quality in the beach clip, but, yes, i tend to agree that the song probably underwent some changes.

i also think get your boots on (beach clip 3) must have changed too because i don't hear any "hip hop twist" in the middle of it.

and i also hope Unknown Caller and Magnificent are the same...those were clearly the best songs out of the beach clips.

you certainly can't detect any cello because of the sound quality in the beach clip, but, yes, i tend to agree that the song probably underwent some changes.

i also think get your boots on (beach clip 3) must have changed too because i don't hear any "hip hop twist" in the middle of it.

and i also hope Unknown Caller and Magnificent are the same...those were clearly the best songs out of the beach clips.

I also agree about GYBO. U2 also tends to be most picky about their first single and this one has probably evolved (especially since Q implies that the title at one point was indeed Sexy Boots).

Does anyone else get a "Lemon" vibe from the descriptions of Unknown Caller?

Hmm. Guitar solo. Stately. Middle Eastern percussion. Bird song. Lyrics.

I have to say you really stumped me there, I can't see it.

Have you listened to beach clip 1 at all?

Just so I can get this straight...

beach clip 1...unknown caller
"" 2..breathe
"" 3 ..get on your boots
""4...? (magnificant)?
""5....?

Just so I can get this straight...

beach clip 1...unknown caller
"" 2..breathe
"" 3 ..get on your boots
""4...? (magnificant)?
""5....?

You are right on with the first 4. Clip 5 could be Crazy Tonight, otherwise my guess is it is being shelved for the time being. It couldn't fit any of the other songs.

Got my Mag from Tesco today :hyper: it has the yummy cover on it :drool:

u2promopic08.jpg

Back
Top Bottom