PRIDE (In The Name Of Love) appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ :hmm: I think I get it......

But I'm still a bit confused.

===========

I think it's time to listen to PRIDE.... again :yes:

liamcool said:
I just don't...it's just so cliched, so boring, I felt like I heard it before, even from first listen..

*Slaps liamcool with a big fish.

"Pride" is the song that made me a U2 addict. It was a great pop-rock song, but about MLK!! How wicked cool is that? Bono's vocals were extreme (little wonder he's never reproduced them in concert, even in his R&H "hey day" - he'd blow out his vocal chords) and Edge's echo is at its best.

I admit, 21 years later, sometimes it does feel a bit "old" to hear the song yet again in concert - especially as we've all heard it so many times before and there are so many other great U2 songs that they could play. But it's a wonderful crowd pleaser - much like many other classic U2 songs.

Even if the concert version is a bit stale, the song itself never will be.

:ohmy: with a big fish :ohmy:

( :up: )
===

It's the only song that has really ever moved me, on a deep level, more than just a simplistic emotion. WOWY certainly is one of the most powerful u2 songs, because it is a pure love song, and love involves pain, etc. But there is something different about Pride, for me. Maybe Pride and WOWY are sort of Yin/Yang a bit...

There was a period, about 2 years ago, where I got really bored with the song, and didn't want to listen to it before. All songs eventually get like that.

But after a month or so of that, it came back to me, and since then, I've grown to appreciate the song more as time goes by. There are always new dimensions being added to it for me :shrug: so I guess I am somewhat in love//extended infatuation with the song, but that's alright.

"nobody like you" :wink:

myringa.jpg

Oddly enough, the only thing I had avalible that would do a decent job of supporting my highschool graduation ring was my keychain :ohmy: :ohmy:

Just in case anyone thought I was going through fits of hyperbolic exagerration, I did, in fact, have PRIDE put on the side of my HS ring.

But it does kinda look cool, like the UF cover a little bit,with this marron carpet here

It's not gold or anything, I didn't want to pay that much for it, it just looks a little yellow because of the lighting. :ohmy: :laugh:

I love Pride
no matter how overplayed people say it is, it'll never be overplayed for me. Pride is just one of those songs that 'lift' me up when I feel down or something. :up:

Back
Top Bottom