Popmart DVD in April

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Man said:
its a shame that it isnt the santiago show.

whis would be a great opportunity to correct that error.

I continue to love you :love:

just not in "that" way :shifty:

...not that there's anything wrong with that

Neenie said:
I'm so excited!!! I've waited so long. Thats it, I'm having a popmart party! :ohmy: :drool: :yes: :dancing::corn: :rockon:

Yeah Melbourne Popmart party! :rockon:

Glad I didn't buy the video now :D

I was just talking about a Pop DVD with a friend today... She thought it was already out and was wondering why she couldn't find it. :lol:

tomorrow is the 9th aniversary of the very first show u2 played in chile... and THE BEST PopMart concert of the tour... :drool:

tomorrow I'll hear that bootleg all day long

tomorrow I'll watch that video exactly at the time it started

tomorrow is a day of seclusion :angel:

Its about time! :up:

Now they just need to get the complete Red Rocks show on DVD and all of their video stuff will be on DVD finally. Unfortunately I dont think the Red Rocks show is coming anytime soon. Due to the dispute over the master tapes.

pepokiss said:
tomorrow is the 9th aniversary of the very first show u2 played in chile... and THE BEST PopMart concert of the tour... :drool:

I love the Santiago show, but it's not as good as Leeds

If it comes out in April it would have been 10 years since the tour opened.

elevated_u2_fan said:
PopMart Roadies - I'm not sure if anyone else saw this, it was part of a series called "The Professionals" I think ( I have it taped somewhere) and it was really good, it was a look more at the production and the work that goes on behind the scenes...

Saw it on the discovery channel - very cool. Almost nothing about the band themselves.

The MTV appearances could be added or the Rotterdam footage. Edmonton looked good on Camera and is an example of theshow in Daylight.

I hope they show some fotage of Bono with a shaved head from Vancouver or Seattle.

awesome.

...i still havent watched my ZooTV DVD :shifty: terrible i know! I have it on VHS and I've watched that numerous times, and I watched all the bonus features, but I just haven't sat down and watched the actual concert on DVD. sad huh?

I can already hear my living room exploding with Last Night on Earth chorus on Home Theather :drool:

Re: Re: Popmart DVD in April

Snowlock said:

Could be also because of a new album
I don't think so, U2 never thought like that. They're fine with releasing an album one month and a DVD one month later.

What I think of Pop.:yawn: :ohmy: :barf:

I just want a new album Don't see what the big deal is about PopMart.

Justin24 said:

This is about one of u2's best shows of popmart captured in video , A show with

- Kickin ass intro with Mofo
- The super Edge-with-Golden-LesPaul Combo : LNOE-Until-NYD
- Fantastic version of AIWIY ending with Never Tear Us Apart
- Beautiful Sunday
- Great Funky Bullet
- Kicking Ass Discotheque
- Super Kickin Ass HMTMKMKM
- And finally , the best for ending , The Best Live Electric perfomance of One ever , It's just perfect , I don't know how can Edge sound so good like that again

Justin24 said:

Obviously you did not attend the Popmart tour, am I right?

My favorite U2 tour. Better than Zoo TV to me which gets WAY overhyped on here. Typically from people that didnt even attend a single Zoo show.

It's necessary to do this I suppose, I've been slowly gaining appreciation for this tour. I still think the outfits were way too over the top, but the performances are pretty good.

Blue Room said:
My favorite U2 tour. Better than Zoo TV to me which gets WAY overhyped on here. Typically from people that didnt even attend a single Zoo show.

I attended both in person and while I had a better personal experience with the Popmart show, the Zoo tour has held up much better all these years later, in what I want to listen to and/or watch now.

(The exception to this is Pop Muzik/Mofo, which kicks all kinds of ass in all shapes and forms.)

Part of it, I think, is that the ginormous Popmart screen and visuals don't translate well to home video. There's just no way to experience what it was like unless you were actually there.

Back
Top Bottom