Poll time - for the guys only!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Sorry girls!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Lads, I was wonderin, I know u all respect and adore U2 as a whole, but who, of them, would u so wish to be, or who do u most admire......

Tanks!!!!!!!!!

Definitely Bono.

1. Because I'm a singer myself(I wish I had his voice).

2. His swagger. The only way you can act like him is if you ARE him. Otherwise you look stupid. LOL

3. All the good causes he stands for. Definitely a great role model.

Great thread Maddie!

------------------
"And I can feel the cold steel. And I can make a wound that won't heal."- Bono

I admire all of them but if I had to choose which one to be it would be Boner! I think he is in the position to be able to make the biggest difference out of all of them, and i mean for good causes. He has also said that doing what he does is the top of the pyramid of experiences. And his voice is from heaven.

Of course if i just wanted to go around and be an even bigger manwhore than i already am, then i would have to be Larry! I mean that dude is a total stud, pimp or whatever! Ya'all chicks just go nutz for that guy so if it was just about being a whore than I would perfer Larry!

He should take better care of his poor neglected dog though!

------------------
HEY BABY, HEY BABY- HEY !(GWEN)

Proud to be an INFIDEL

Originally posted by Zoo Schabow:
Definitely Bono.

2. His swagger. The only way you can act like him is if you ARE him. Otherwise you look stupid. LOL

Great thread Maddie!

Same here! Although I also wish I could play guitar as good as Edge.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Atr?eme con tu est?tica
Quiebra mi conciencia
Novato sin pr?ctica
Adicto a tu presencia...

Originally posted by Zoo Schabow:
Definitely Bono.

Great thread Maddie!

I second that, plus he's just plain fucking cool, even at 41!...

------------------
Nate

"No particular place names
No particular song
I've been hiding
What am I hiding from?"

-Zooropa

Bono cause he's still a chick magnet after all these years and you just gotta respect all the stuff he's done to help out those less fortunate. He's been working hard for 20 years, and I don't see any quit in the guy. He's a total badass in my book. The quintessential rock star attitude, but being clean enough to be appreciated by politicians and lawyers. Not a bad combination.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Bono:

Because he is the epitomy of a rock star. He's a performer, and an outspoken one at that. Because he puts his heart in the ring everytime he goes out on stage and everytime he speaks/sings on U2's records. I love how he exposes his deepest darkest and joyous secrets to millions of people..and plants and animals too. (Can't forget them)

Also, because he's got a super-fly, hotty for a wife. Damn, that bitch is smoking!! Yo!

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

MADDDDDDIIEEEEEEE!!!!

Whey aye hen how are ye? OK I hope......and not fantasising too much of Jimmy lately.....
biggrin.gif

Great thread! Anyway, well first choice of who I so wish to be would be of course the main man Bono himself......

1. Cos there's his famous swagger
2. Cos there's an ever so good smile which grabs loads of womens attention!
biggrin.gif

3. never afraid to speak his mind
4. never frightened of politicians
5. a great guy who supports some worthwhile causes.....
6. and a great sense of humour too.....

BUT I can never sing like he does on stage........his is too good......

I would also love to be Edge just to play around with the guitars and being able to lose temper once in a while and kick a guitar to death.....
biggrin.gif

dougal

i prefer to be me.

i admire larry the most because he, even though each of them exhibit this quality at points, is always a quiet cool.

------------------
bottom line: U2 rules.

I would say Edge. His guitar sounds are what brought U2 to my attention back in 1983. I think he is the most innovative and musically talented in the band. Not to mention he is very friendly and down to earth. At least every time I have met him he has been.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 11-30-2001).]

Originally posted by Hewson:
Adam of course, he has the best equipment!
biggrin.gif

!!! *is scandalized*

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege
97% compatible with Bono

Proud Owner of the Bon Jovi soap caddy

Love me, give me soul.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

STING: Some dark-haired girl in a camo hat chloroformed me and Bruce Springsteen and put us in these big jars in the basement.

Bono. Just cause he looks, dresses, and acts soooooo damn cool

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

I really think this is a no brainer. What aspect of U2 most sets them apart from the rest. Almost everything about them sets them apart, but really their sound. Who is the mastermind of that sound...THE EDGE.

Bono, for not being afraid to fail, for being so willing to risk public humiliation on a constant basis, to fall down and get back up: "trying and maybe failing, but at least trying".

I would be Paul ...the manager.

With a gut like that I would devastate every "all you can eat" special the world could offer.
biggrin.gif

------------------
The idiot who put the DVD on his Christmas wish list. What was I thinking!?! That is a WHOLE month away!

Bono...no real reason, just cos I would be seen as a hypocrite (spelling?) if I put anyone else!

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

I'd want to be like edge cos hes my hero. I even told him so on stage lol. But I think that my personality is more like Bono's than any of the others. But we all know Bono wants to be the edge!..so thusly my desire to be like the edge..makes me more like bono! but Hey this thread is who we want to be like...not who we are most like.

As copied and pasted from Zoo Schabow....
"2. His swagger. The only way you can act like him is if you ARE him. Otherwise you look stupid."
With this in mind..........If you had his money, wouldn't you invest in some dancing lessons? Just somethng to ponder.....Bono with Elvis hips. hmmmmmmmmmmm

Back
Top Bottom