Personal U2 b-sides CD running order

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rafiennes

Refugee
Years ago I made someone a U2 b-side tape (those were the days) and recently revised it and made a couple of U2 b-side CDs for a few people. I thought I'd share the running order for them. Pretty much because...I'm bored at work with not much to do.

U2 - B-sides Volume 1

1. Spanish Eyes
2. Dancing Barefoot
3. Lady With The Spinning Head (extended mix)
4. Everlasting Love
5. Summer Rain
6. Luminous Times (Hold On To Love)
7. Satellite Of Love
8. Happiness Is A Warm Gun (Gun Mix)
9. Holy Joe (Guilty Mix)
10.North & South Of The River
11.Two Shots Of Happy, One Shot Of Sad
12.The Sweetest Thing (original)
13.I've Got You Under My Skin
14.Unchained melody
15.Walk To The Water
16.Don't Take Your Guns To Town
17.Fortunate Son
18.Big Girls Are Best
19.Hallelujah, Here She Comes

U2 B-sides and other tracks, volume 2

1. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
2. Always
3. Salome
4. Slug
5. Bass Trap
6. I'm Not Your Baby (w/ Sinead O'Connor)
7. Stateless
8. Paint It Black
9. Your Blue Room
10.Grace (Bono spoken)
11.Falling At Your Feet
12.Miss Sarajevo
13.Hands That Built America (OST version)
14.In The Name Of The Father
15.Silver & Gold (b-side)
16.Jesus Christ
17.A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel
18.Party Girl
19.Electrical Storm (demo version)

Try it out, enjoy it, ignore this post, do as you will...but this just killed about 20 minutes for me at work - WOO HOO!

I compiled a couple of discs of b-sides and remixes for my car recently.

Disc 1:
1. 11 O' Clock Tick Tock
2. Love Comes Tumbling
3. Deep In The Heart
4. Spanish Eyes
5. Walk To The Water
6. Silver And Gold
7. Dancing Barefoot
8. Salome
9. Where Did It All Go Wrong?
10. Night And Day
11. Lady With The Spinning Head
12. The Fly (Lounge Fly Mix)
13. Mysterious Ways (Massive Attack Mix)
14. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (Temple Bar Mix)
15. Dirty Day (Junk Day)
16. Numb (Gimme Some More Dignity Mix)

Disc 2:
1. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) (Underdog Mix)
2. Lemon (Jeep Mix)
3. Your Blue Room
4. Tomorrow (Common Ground version)
5. Discotheque (David Holmes Mix)
6. Staring At The Sun (Sad Bastards Mix)
7. If God Will Send His Angels (Grand Jury Mix)
8. North And South of The River
9. Holy Joe (Garage Mix)
10. Sweetest Thing (single version)
11. Summer Rain
12. Elevation (Influx Mix)
13. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (acoustic)
14. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
15. Stateless
16. Electrical Storm (band version)

Greenlight, what 11 O'clock Tick Tock did you use? If it's the single version, I would love you (or anyone else who can do it) forever if you could get me an mp3. I'm a massive 11 O'clock fan - I collect live performances - but I just can't seem to find the studio one ...

Rastat said:
Mmmmm... where's "Slow Dancing" (NOT the Willie Nelson version, but the acoustic Bono one)?

I actually did something kinda nutty, I created, what I call, the Zootopia version of Zooropa. I included Slow Dancing and HMTMKMKM on there to create a 12 track album.

Zooropa
Babyface
Numb
Lemon
Stay
Slow Dancing
HMTMKMKM
Daddy's Gonna Pay...
Some Days
1st Time
Dirty Day
Wanderer

At first it was kind of jarring but it definitely split the album into 2 different sides for me. It's actually kinda hard for me to listen to it without those two tracks

Hey Rafiennes - excellent title Zootopia and excellent placement of Slow Dancing & HMTMKMKM!

I get the sense of the Zooropa album as about being lost (the loss of identity / direction / meaning / purpose). About being overwhelmed and numb by the new society > survival in the Super City (hyper traffic [= human ? transit ? noise] / media overload /technological slavery / commercial saturation / depersonalization / etc.)

And I get the sense that the Passengers album continues the same themes and exploration. If anything it heads further into the territory of musical experimentation and being lost in the Super City reality.

I think I read in Flanagan that the band wanted to record their next album in Tokyo; and that Tokyo represented the culmination of all that ZOOTV was about and had become for them (their experience of the Tour); and that Passengers reflects their Tokyo (& ZOOTV) experience.

For the sake of speculation: what if U2 released as originally planned an EP of 2 or 3 new songs and few live songs in the summer of 93. And then with more time (after a well deserved vacation!) they could have released Zooropa during the Fall of 94 (no Tour for it but only ?experimental? videos i.e. Lemon)? Instead of 10 song album it could have been 12 or more songs. Or even their first double album (double CD) of new material?

Zooropa came out about halfway through their ZOOTV Tour. Should they have waited until the Tour was over to release an album about their full / complete experience of it?

A project like this would be even more of an ?alternative? endeavor. For some it may be more of a turn off but for others it may have provided more of an opportunity to become immersed in a kind of ?way out there? / ?far out in left field? musical experience.

Zootokyo (?) Zootopia (appears to be better)

1. United Colours (Instrumental) (5:31)
2. Zooropa (Promo CD Edit - 4:42)? Or (Album version ? 6:30)?
3. Lemon (The Perfecto Mix) (8:57) - need an edit version
4. Always Forever Now (6:24) - need an edit version
5. Numb (New Version) (4:21)
6. Slug (4:41)
7. Your Blue Room (5:28)
8. Miss Sarajevo (Radio Edit)? (4:30)
9. Babyface (4:00)
10. Stay (Faraway So Close!) (4:58)
11. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car (5:19)
12. Some Days Are Better Than Others (4:15)
13. The First Time (3:45)
14. Dirty Day (5:24)
15. The Wanderer (4:44)

Axver said:
Greenlight, what 11 O'clock Tick Tock did you use? If it's the single version, I would love you (or anyone else who can do it) forever if you could get me an mp3. I'm a massive 11 O'clock fan - I collect live performances - but I just can't seem to find the studio one ...
It's the studio version but I don't have any way to make an MP3. I guess it's high time I searched around and found a good free MP3 encoding program to download.

Last edited:
greenlight7-11 said:
OK, Axver. I was able to make a WMA file of it, will that work?

Yes, that would definitely work. That'd be great, thanks. So how can you get it to me? Do you have MSN or AIM? I'm;

MSN: amak_axver@hotmail.com
AIM: AmakAxver

Sending it via one of those should work. I have had some issues with sending files via AIM lately, though.

Axver said:

Yes, that would definitely work. That'd be great, thanks. So how can you get it to me? Do you have MSN or AIM? I'm;

MSN: amak_axver@hotmail.com
AIM: AmakAxver

Sending it via one of those should work. I have had some issues with sending files via AIM lately, though.
I'm working on uploading it to the web right now since I don't have MSN or AIM. If I can get it to upload, then I'll e-mail you the link. If not, then I'll figure out something else.

^^^^ best.user-name.evar.

Back to the topic at hand. I like what you got, Rafiennes :wink: The only song I can think of that I'd put on there, and I may just have missed it, would be "A Celebration." Good list, regardless :wave:

greenlight7-11 said:
I'm working on uploading it to the web right now since I don't have MSN or AIM. If I can get it to upload, then I'll e-mail you the link. If not, then I'll figure out something else.

OK, that'd be cool (and the MSN address is also my main e-mail so no worries there). Thank you very much for doing this, I really appreciate it.

Sorry for getting this all off topic, everyone. And thanks, Catman. Unfortunately, I wasn't the first person to come up witht that one. There's someone else here with the same name sans the hyphen. I didn't find out until I'd already registered.

Back
Top Bottom