One Video - Cars, Interpretatons, and other things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Hmmm...I was re-wacthing the One videos today and I don't quite understand the symbolism of the cars in the Corbijn version (drag version). What do they mean? I assume they ahve something to do with the AIDS issue, etc. but I'm not getting where they fit in the the grand scheme of things.

Actually, if anyone could post any of their ideas/comments/interpretations on any of the ONE videos, that would be great. Absolutely great.

AND...I know that someone once posted a question about their favourite version of 'One' and I commented on the Sarajevo versiona nd agve a long-winded response. Does anyoen know where that thread went? I can't look it up alas, so this would be another favour. I'm doing a project.

I :heart: this song...

I think that is what's going on with the drag version. But because of that some people are confused into thinking that's what the song was written about and it wasn't. It was about what the band was going through and how they almost broke up.

The bar version is the hottest though :drool: I don't get turned on by guys in drag. But Bono at the bar :combust: I think it's cute they used Bono's dad in the drag one too.

One is my absolute favorite U2 song :heart:......as far as interpretations I always thought the cars symbolized "One but not the same" you know how they're the same type of cars but not the same since the decorations are different..... same goes for the drawings of the man and woman on them...they're both humans but with different views towards the world and their struggle to live in a similar world hence the crash (or maybe it was just an innuendo! :shrug: ).

so that was my personal idea, so take it with a grain of salt!:wink:

i think it was because the cars were painted by famous painter guy that had aids or something? i'm not sure, so someone will probably correct me.

Back
Top Bottom