One Tree Hill appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beau2ifulday

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Great, great song - and definitely some of Bono's best vocal work nearer the end of it. It gets way too overlooked.
A wonderful tribute :up:

One Tree Hill has possibly the greatest U2 line:

"I'll see you again when the stars fall from the sky and the moon has turned red over One Tree Hill"

Legendary:bow:

I´ve seen the video a couple of days ago, it was of the Joshua Tree Tour.......................They were ab-so-lu-te-ly amazing, I´ve always appreciated this song, now I do definitely more................
It would be great to hear it again, even when Bono wouldn´t hit the screaming notes

Nube Gris said:
One Tree Hill has possibly the greatest U2 line:

"I'll see you again when the stars fall from the sky and the moon has turned red over One Tree Hill"

Legendary:bow:

:sad: :drool: :dance: I agree with you 100%. Unquestionably Bono's best lyric to date. This one line alone evokes so many different emotions: sorrow, joy, regret, contentment, empowerment, doubt, love....it's just so wonderful.

It's my Senior quote! :yes:

One Tree Hill :rockon: Plus the live versions have one of Edge's greatest solos!

Yessssssssssss, this song means so much to me, I couldn't begin to describe, but if we had a soundtrack to our lives this would be on mine

indigo tree said:
One of U2's greatest songs ever. It needs to be brought back live.:drool:

Absolutely agree. :up: Any show with One Tree Hill and Bad in it would blow my mind. :drool:

We turn away to face the cold.... enduring chill
As the day begs the night... for mercy, love!

:heart:

While Achtung Baby is brimming with mind-blowing music, loads of attitude and some great lyrics... The Joshua Tree is just sheer lyrical genius. The whole album is poetry, period! :drool:

I appreciate the fact One Tree Hill should be in Wellington. :wink:

If it were in Wellington, it would still have the one tree. Damn Aucklanders! What do you have to say for yourself, Timo?

I wasn't a big fan of it at the start, but I really like it now, especially the singing after the final verse (and when it's raining, raining hard etc).

And live........... :drool::drool:

"I agree with you 100%. Unquestionably Bono's best lyric to date. This one line alone evokes so many different emotions: sorrow, joy, regret, contentment, empowerment, doubt, love....it's just so wonderful. "

It does exactly the same for me Lancemc, exactly the same!
what a wonderful U2 moment, pure magic, no words to describe its greatness
:drool:

Not only do the lyrics possess near-magical poetic qualities, but the music really gets in a groove too, especially after the first chorus. Great song. Great song to listen to while driving fast on a freeway.

timothius said:

Well maintained by the thousands of sheep that graze there daily. :drool: :drool:

I didn't know One Tree Hill had been turned into Auckland's brothel. :tsk:

Damn Aucklanders! :mad:

timothius said:

You sound like my father. :tsk:

But seriously, what do you think Bono meant when he said "The moon is up over One Tree Hill" :wink:.

You sound like an Aucklander who knows but won't concede that Wellington is better. :tsk:

Axver said:

You sound like an Aucklander who knows but won't concede that Wellington is better. :tsk:

You are trolling this once great thread.

Back on track.

One Tree Hill is quite possibly U2's best song from the 1980's. Lyrically & musically it pretty much reaches perfection. The live performances of it are stunning aside from ZooTV which can only be described as a shamozzle.

timothius said:

You are trolling this once great thread.

You are trolling this forum with your malicious message of pro-Auckland beliefs. :tsk:

One Tree Hill is quite possibly U2's best song from the 1980's. Lyrically & musically it pretty much reaches perfection. The live performances of it are stunning aside from ZooTV which can only be described as a shamozzle.

I wholeheartedly agree with that. I am disappointed they did not play One Tree Hill in full in New Zealand on ZooTV. The live performances on JT/Lovetown may just be some of the best examples of U2's craft, and the lyrics are amazing. It's quite a feat to seamlessly combine Maori mythology, Christian Apocalyptic beliefs, political/social statements, and a tribute to a friend into one song. I struggle to think of many songs that are lyrically superior.

Axver said:

It's full of wind. Whether that is a natural meteorological phenomen or a peculiarity of the population (human and/or wooly) remains to be seen.

Back
Top Bottom