One Step Closer Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MacPhistoPT

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I see this song being almost ignored here on interference...

It's not a high point of their career, it probably won't be a classic but IMO it's a very very cool and quiet, relaxing song. I love One Step Closer at the moment. The lyric is beautiful.

anyone has also this love for this song? explain your points

One Step Closer :drool: :applaud:

I’m on an island at a busy intersection
I can’t go forward, I can’t turn back
Can’t see the future
It’s getting away from me
I just watch the tail lights glowing

:up: :drool:

Of course I love this song... It's very beautiful. In fact, it has very deep, beautiful and meanful lyrics... and the instrumental, although is not so rockier like the rest of the album, it is very beautiful and... felt... it gives lots of impressions... Good song!

I'm hangin' out to dry,
with my old clothes,
Fingers still red,
With the prick of an old rose,
But the heart that hurts,
Is a heart that beats.
Can you hear the drummer slowing?
One Step Closer to knowing......

One of the best, if not the best lyrics I've ever heard. The music is perfect as well, calm and gentle, with just enough ache to get the power of the lyrics through.

It was an instant highlight of the album, and the first song I really liked, even before Vertigo, a man and a woman, and sometimes...

It is slow and contemplative, and I often feel like everyday I am one small step closer to knowing. I have a lot of deep seeded questions, and each day is one more to those seeds growing

I'm one step closer to knowing
one step closer to knowing
one step closer to knowing

to knowing
...knowing...

I think besides the chorus , I like first verse:

"I'm 'round the corner from anything that's real
I'm across the road from hope
I'm under a bridge in a rip tide
That's taken everything I call my own

One step closer to knowing
One step closer to knowing"

I love it, very Velvet Underground. A good song for kicking back and contemplating life, seriously. I think it would work great if they played it before Sometimes on the tour... or maybe if they put it right before a real rocker, like Until the End of the World or something... can't you just imagine...

"one step closer to knowing...to knowing..." and then that screaming guitar intro to UTEOTW...:drool:

Great song. Kind of gets lost in HTDAAB. It reminds me of a Alt/Country song that Johnny Cash or Dylan might sing. Overall though a very underated song.

It was the first song I fell in love with on the album -- I liked most of the songs, but it takes me a while to fall in love with songs.

I made sure it was the first song I heard this year by listening to it right on midnight on New Years Eve. I think it fits the moment pretty well.

Meghan said:
I made sure it was the first song I heard this year by listening to it right on midnight on New Years Eve. I think it fits the moment pretty well.

'New Years Day' for me!:rockon:
:wink:

But I do love this song too....it should get a live performence soon I hope.

:hmm: Maybe at Cardiff?

:rockon:

OSC is a song which I wish I could like more but I can't. Good lyric though. And a musician friend of mine does a very nice job of an acoustic cover. :)

Aardvark747 said:

Just the once so far, but I intend on going again quite soon. The people are friendly and there are u2 fans a plenty!:wink:

Yes I know. It suprises me that with all the Slovenian U2 fans that U2girl managed to get that login name, despite registering in 2000. I'm sure there was more of a rush for that screen name then there was for 1st leg tickets!

"I'm hangin' out to dry,
with my old clothes,
Fingers still red,
With the prick of an old rose,
But the heart that hurts,
Is a heart that beats.
Can you hear the drummer slowing?
One Step Closer to knowing"

Genius lyrics from Bono
it has an extraordinary country, western feel in it
Amazing song!

HTDAAB is filled with epic songs
what a kick ass record!

I used to completely hate this song ... and now I kinda like it !!
It has started to grow on me somewhat more ... although rather slowly, it still has a distance to go before I would say I really love it ... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom