"One" got me thru to a karaoke final!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

what a bomb!

Refugee
They are having a Budweiser karaoke competition in a pub in town,I entered just to get my song come up quicker instead of having to wait, and well, I won the heat singing "One" lol! The final is on the 6th March, and there will be about 16 finalists to compete against, and some of those people sound like pros! Ah well its a laugh!

"One" is a hard song to sing. Contrats!!!!

If you can sing "One" you can sing anything, so I'm confident you'll be the running.

Mind you, I must admit this karaoke version doesn't have the high bits at the end! Once I sang it and added the "live" verse on the end of it ( "...can you hear me knocking" bit!) Was a bit drunk that night! lol. Foxxern has heard me sing it when he came over last year!

you should add a politically motivated yet non-offensive speech in the middle to seal the seal
:wink:

in high school chorus for a final exam we had to pick a song and sing it either solo or in small groups, and did "one" solo...and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. i got up there and forgot all the words and tried to hide it by singing the first verse over again...and then i forgot the first verse...it was a disaster.

yeah, i always add "my sweet lord" at the end of "one" when i sing it.

i think the most fun U2 song to sing at karaoke is "discotheque."

Cool! There's a pub here in LA that has "electrical" storm in their Kareoke lineup. I'd love to try it but I'm a little scared.

I usually stick with "breathless" or "runaway" by the Corrs.

Last edited:
oktobergirl said:
Cool! There's a pub here in LA that has "electrical" storm in their Kareoke lineup. I'd love to try it but I'm a little scared.

I usually stick with "breathless" or "runaway" by the Corrs.

Did Electrical Storm a few weeks ago in a different pub! someone in the audience cheered before the song even started! lol

Back
Top Bottom