Non-Single Survivor: Zooropa - Round One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for the song you consider to be the WORST.

• Zooropa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Babyface

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Some Days Are Better Than Others

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • The First Time

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Dirty Day

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • The Wanderer

Votes: 12 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE SONG!

The loser of the last round was Acrobat, meaning that Zoo Station progresses to the final.

Voting Results:
38 - Acrobat
34 - Zoo Station

Total votes = 72

Order Of Elimination From Achtung Baby:
4. Acrobat
3. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
2. So Cruel
1. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World

Final Qualifiers:
Boy - The Electric Co.
October - Tomorrow
War - Like A Song ...
The Unforgettable Fire - Promenade
The Joshua Tree - Running To Stand Still
Rattle And Hum - Heartland
Achtung Baby - Zoo Station

How to play: Each album will have a series of rounds of voting. In an album's first round, all non-singles from the album will be listed and you vote for the song you think is the WORST. The song with the most votes is eliminated. This continues through the subsequent rounds until we are left with just one song from each album. These victorious songs proceed to the final, which will be conducted in the same manner until just one song is left, which you can consider to be the Best Non-Single or Least Objectionable Non-Single, depending upon your perspective.

If there's a draw, for most rounds, both songs are eliminated. If there's only 2 or 3 songs left, I'll leave the poll open for another day, when there'll hopefully be a decisive outcome.

Wait, I'm away from Inteference for 6 hours and this insanity happens??????????ACROBAT LOST????////

Tries to feel bad :(

Wow, I can't believe Acrobat didn't win Achtung.

This round, the choice is all too easy. Babyface.

I'm so sad that I missed the party, I looked at the setlist, it looked pretty nice :)

Oh well, are you guys going to do another one? Let's try to do it on a thurs./fr. I'm almost always off those days, though obviously it doesn't HAVE to revolve around me, don't think that's what I meant please :)

We're likely to have our next party on or around Queen Bee's birthday in early January.

thanks Axver...

Just realized I forgot to say what I voted for

Dirty Day

I kinda like Babyface,
but I just can't get into Dirty Day.

I expected Acrobat to win, but I love Zoo Station too :)

Now...

DAMN ALL THE BABYFACE VOTERS :madwife:

Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car... :yuck: :yuck:
the live performances are cool :mac: but the album version just freaks me

btw...might as well say this now, and let my opinion be heard....if The first Time loses at any point in time, I will have finally discovered that all of Interference is against me...since I have begun the only song I have like that has won is Running to Stand Still.
Hawkmoon lost
TTTYAATW lost
then So Cruel lost
then Ultraviolet lost

If I lost the First Time, my heart'll break a little...that's my number one absolute no holds barred favorite U2 song...........EVER

Ok I'm done
continue on with the poll.

bono_212 said:
btw...might as well say this now, and let my opinion be heard....if The first Time loses at any point in time, I will have finally discovered that all of Interference is against me...
please tell me you're joking or being sarcastic.

KhanadaRhodes said:

please tell me you're joking or being sarcastic.

Khan, if Babyface is not awarded the title of Best Non-Single, I will have finally discovered that your cats are against me and are currently plotting to kill me in my sleep in the year 1982.

Zooropa was a radio promo single in the US. If you took off In God's Country, if you want to be consistant, you should take this off too.

Babyface.

yuck.gif

ZOO STATION WON?! :hyper:

Pero said:
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?
Explain me how is Acrobat worse than Zoo station.

Nothing is wrong with us. Acrobat is cool, but Zoo Station is cooler. Zoo Station is more the sound of U2 chopping down The Joshua Tree than The Fly is, in my opinion. Think about it - the first U2 song you hear after Rattle And Hum (or maybe U2's cover of Night And Day on TV) is Zoo Station. That high-pitched clinking of the strings right at the bridge of Edge's Les Paul, followed by the dirty, distorted slide down the neck. Larry's ominous, effects-laden drums. The spacey, phaser-heavy riff. Then Bono's distorted vocals... That must have scared the hell out of a lot of U2's JT-era fans. :drool:

GibsonGirl said:

Nothing is wrong with us. Acrobat is cool, but Zoo Station is cooler. Zoo Station is more the sound of U2 chopping down The Joshua Tree than The Fly is, in my opinion. Think about it - the first U2 song you hear after Rattle And Hum (or maybe U2's cover of Night And Day on TV) is Zoo Station. That high-pitched clinking of the strings right at the bridge of Edge's Les Paul, followed by the dirty, distorted slide down the neck. Larry's ominous, effects-laden drums. The spacey, phaser-heavy riff. Then Bono's distorted vocals... That must have scared the hell out of a lot of U2's JT-era fans. :drool:

:applaud: :yes: :drool:

And there you have it my friends. That is why Zoo Station is endlessly superior to Acrobat.

Anyway, my vote: Some Days Are Better Than Others

Snowlock said:
Zooropa was a radio promo single in the US. If you took off In God's Country, if you want to be consistant, you should take this off too.

How many times does this have to be explained? If a song was a commercial single or had a video, it's disqualified. Was there a commercial single for Zooropa? No. Was there a video for Zooropa? No. If you wanted to exclude radio promos, YOU SHOULD'VE SPOKEN UP WHEN WE WERE DEFINING THE BLOODY CRITERIA. The qualifying songs were determined before the competition began and we spent plenty of time working it out so you had plenty of time to speak up. We can't make changes now, unless you really want to run the entire thing again.

(In God's Country had a commercial release so it can't be compared to Zooropa.)

OK OK OK

I see I might be alone in my love for the First Time,

but I was joking about interference being out to get me ;)

bono_212 said:
OK OK OK

I see I might be alone in my love for the First Time,

but I was joking about interference being out to get me ;)

I love the First Time too, and I loved even more when I saw it in DC. Although I do think Zooropa is better than The First Time :wink:

Never make me rank the songs on Zooropa for real though, because I may die of the strain. It's all too :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom