Non-Single Survivor: Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Rugby league is the wimpy version of rugby union. American football, in turn, is the pathetically and hopelessly wimpy version of rugby league!

Australian Rules is for girly men who like wearing really short shorts.

As I like to say, "in rugby, the men control the ball; in Aussie Rules, the ball controls the men".

:up:

bono_212 said:
I just don't get cricket, I mean if people hadn't told me it was the same thing as baseball, I'd probably understand it a lot better, but if you've ever seen the movie Lagaan, there's no way you couldn't figure out the rules to cricket...it's pretty cool though, I jsut wish people wouldn't compare it to baseball, that's the ocnfusing thing.

Think of baseball as cricket's boring and simple distant cousin. :wink:

bono_212 said:
I just don't get cricket, I mean if people hadn't told me it was the same thing as baseball, I'd probably understand it a lot better, but if you've ever seen the movie Lagaan, there's no way you couldn't figure out the rules to cricket...it's pretty cool though, I jsut wish people wouldn't compare it to baseball, that's the ocnfusing thing.

i never understood cricket until this summers ashes..the bbc radio people taught me loads. it's miles better than baseball

the rockin edge said:

american football is the most boring sport i've ever watched (except baseball) :down: :down:

You clearly have not watched synchronised swimming. Though I don't think it counts as a sport. Nor do baseball or American shitball for that matter.

bono_212 said:

I'm Indian by blood and prefer cricket to baseball, of course! Lagaan doesn't exactly give you a good picture. The movie kinda over-dramatizes it. And even though I grew up watching cricket, football.. as in soccer is my favorite sport! :yes:

timothius said:

A game that was origionally designed as a fitness routine for cricketers. It is really such a clusterfuck of rules it is too hard to explain.

GG's description is pretty right on. :wink:

clusterfuck is one of the best descriptive words ever:drool:

timothius said:

Thanks. :cute:

Now there will be enough turkey for everyone.

:lmao:

I think we know which Wallaby should be sent to Africa to feed the starving kids. :wink:

Zootlesque said:

I'm Indian by blood and prefer cricket to baseball, of course! Lagaan doesn't exactly give you a good picture. The movie kinda over-dramatizes it. And even though I grew up watching cricket, football.. as in soccer is my favorite sport! :yes:

I'm very glad you're not Pakistani and that you don't support the Pakistani cricket team. :drool:

Axver said:

You clearly have not watched synchronised swimming. Though I don't think it counts as a sport. Nor do baseball or American shitball for that matter.

i don't think i have ever watched synchronised swimming, nor do i care to. that is def not a sport.

american football & baseball should be banned :up:

Zootlesque said:

I like to say about cricket's popularity that "one billion Indians can't be wrong!"

Zootlesque said:

My boss loaned me Lagaan, and when I gave it back I told him I liked it, but it was pretty much three hours of this is how you play Cricket, he got a little irked by that, but I think he was kidding...SOCCER IS BY FAR THE BEST SPORT EVER :wink:

the rockin edge said:

i don't think i have ever watched synchronised swimming, nor do i care to. that is def not a sport.

american football & baseball should be banned :up:

American football and baseball are actually illegal according to multitudes of laws worldwide, as they constitute cruel and unusual punishment.

bono_212 said:

My boss loaned me Lagaan, and when I gave it back I told him I liked it, but it was pretty much three hours of this is how you play Cricket, he got a little irked by that, but I think he was kidding...SOCCER IS BY FAR THE BEST SPORT EVER :wink:

Rugby eats soccer for breakfast. :drool:

the rockin edge said:

i never understood cricket until this summers ashes..the bbc radio people taught me loads. it's miles better than baseball

:applaud:

I love hearing stuff like this. The BBC radio Comms are fantastic. Jonnathan Agnew is especially brilliant, they cater for everyone, the casual listener, the new fan, the bewildered, the historically minded and the statistically hungry. :yes:

the rockin edge said:

i've had just about enough of the pakistani cricket team :mad:

Usually, I'll support the team playing against Australia. But when Pakistan is playing against them, I want them both to lose. :mad:

Axver said:

American football and baseball are actually illegal according to multitudes of laws worldwide, as they constitute cruel and unusual punishment.

will the anti torture bill passed here stop them from being played? :hyper:

soccer is my fav sport too but rugby and cricket are great :up:

timothius said:

I love hearing stuff like this. The BBC radio Comms are fantastic. Jonnathan Agnew is especially brilliant, they cater for everyone, the casual listener, the new fan, the bewildered, the historically minded and the statistically hungry. :yes:

Meanwhile, Australian commentary satisfies those who want to hear horrible accents! :happy:

timothius said:

:yes: it was awesome coverage. i went from clueless to semi knowledgable over the corse of the series :up:

rugby's fun to watch, since you can pretty much do anything ,but I can never catch it when it's on tv, which is rare anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom