Next Producer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like someone to blame said:
Mutt Lange would be great...our boys are into selling as many records as possible these days and Mutt Lange has produced something like 6 or 7 out of the top 10 highest selling albums. (Def Leppard, Bryan Adams, & his wife Shania Twain).

Seriously, if the boys are into sales (and it appears they are) then Mutt Lange has to be at the top of the list...everything he touches turns to gold...of course, all the records he produces sound alike (don't you notice how Bryan Adams, Def Leppard, and of course, Shania Twain) all sound eerily similar in production and sound???

So, with Mutt on board the boys could begin the next phase of their career putting out over-produced melodic hard-metal/pop/country grooves with cheesball lyrics but that will sell 40 million albums worldwide! Genius!
Yeah. Exactly. 40 Million. Cheeseball. Genius.

Get an arty producer back in there. Whoever did Million Dollar Hotel.

:shrug:

I think they will bring someone new on this one. Rubin, Godrich (he did mix the single version of Walk on), O Brien are all good ideas.

I'm a fan of the dynamic duo Eno/Lanois, though by now the sound might get a bit too predictable with both of them.

I'd like to see them do an album with just Lanois to aid. Remember he produced almost half of AB and Eno did get a solo job on Zooropa.

Keep Flood at mixing.

Last edited:

Seriously, if the boys are into sales (and it appears they are) then Mutt Lange has to be at the top of the list...everything he touches turns to gold...of course, all the records he produces sound alike (don't you notice how Bryan Adams, Def Leppard, and of course, Shania Twain) all sound eerily similar in production and sound???
[/B]

Yeah I've noticed how they all sound eerily similar and eerily CRAP as well.

Actually, on second thought, I don't want Eno/Lanois, solo or together, to produce again just yet.

Now that they got the popularity back, try someone new and fresh.

Last edited:
A totally new producer would be quite refreshing, but if I'd have to choose form past producers I'd choose a "Eno/Lanois/FLood/Lillywhite" team like from The Joshua Tree sessions. :)

I've got an idea....

You know how Bono and Edge are always going on about the Clash? Well, Mick Jones just produced the great second album by The Libertines...

Just food for thought.

Man, could that be awesome!

Back
Top Bottom