New Video on U2.com Pt.2 (new 01/11/2009)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this song sounds good, I'm just slightly worried over Bono's vocals on that take...they sounded weak and tired and scratchy.....hopefully that was nothing official...

for those of us that can't hear it, how long is the video, and is it the song just playing in the background or what?

first of all, the vocals are in the background and all you can hear him say is "Breathe, just breathe yeah yeah"... it's 58 seconds and it's primarily edge putting down an additional guitar part, so the actual song itself is moreso in the background.

I wouldn't worry about Bono's vocals based off of that clip. Besides, on some songs he intentionally goes for scratchy vocals (in a little while.)

Any guess's as to what studio that is?

It's not Hanover Quay that's for sure; so it must be fairly recent. :hmm:

lanois has a monster sized beard these days. in that clip he's clean shaven. all the clips are from some time ago given lanois' beard. haha

this song sounds good, I'm just slightly worried over Bono's vocals on that take...they sounded weak and tired and scratchy.....yes I realize I'm being incredibly picky right now as you can barely even hear him, but just sayin what it sounds like :shrug:

hopefully that vocal take was nothing official...

You cannot be serious. :huh:

Does it sound like the HQ version of Breathe or the Eze version? I liked the vocals alot better in the HQ version.

first of all, the vocals are in the background and all you can hear him say is "Breathe, just breathe yeah yeah"... it's 58 seconds and it's primarily edge putting down an additional guitar part, so the actual song itself is moreso in the background.

I wouldn't worry about Bono's vocals based off of that clip. Besides, on some songs he intentionally goes for scratchy vocals (in a little while.)

I know I know....but that doesn't sound like an intentional scratchy vocal....whatever, it's not a big deal....I just hope Lanois hasn't been making shit up everytime he says "the president is singing like a bird" or "some of Bono's best vocals and lyrics" etc.

I know I know....but that doesn't sound like an intentional scratchy vocal....whatever, it's not a big deal....I just hope Lanois hasn't been making shit up everytime he says "the president is singing like a bird" or "some of Bono's best vocals and lyrics" etc.

i think you read a lot too much into interviews and small 58 second clips with the vocals being as far in the background as they can get out of everything.

It's not Hanover Quay?.......and we know this because????

Hanover Quay consists of two floors with the studio on the 1st. This building looks like the studio is on the gound floor with an additional two extra floors.

It is not Hanover Quay.

Sounds good so far.
This was my least favorite of the Beach Clips, so I can't wait to hear songs 1 and 4 in more detail :hyper:

Well, that clip was a huge tease. "Breathe" was my favourite of the beach clips.

lol edge fucks up at 50 sec. it looks and sounds like he is using the "with or with out you" effect. hopefully bono's weak vocals will not fuck up this song. because as an instrumental track it sounds good.

yeah, I noticed the fuck up too. That part is not going to be on the finished track, hehe.

The slide guitar does bear some similarities to WOWY, but I think that's a Les Paul in the video Edge is playing.

It's really not an awful not to go off of, but it sounds like a mid-tempo pop-rocky tune. Whatever the hell that means. But doesn't seem to be one of the "departure" songs they have been talking up. Lanois did mention that those will only constitute 20-30% of the final album though.

I wouldn't worry about Edge messing up, this looks like a tentative kind of "Hey guys, look what I've just thought of!" kind of studio moment. If they were recording this, it was probably just for reference.

And I'm glad someone pointed out Lanois being clean shaven. Although I was unaware that he is now bearded, I was going to suggest that this clip is old(er) than we might think. This seemed more like an idea session than a formal recording session. At least
this take did.

Very nice song too. I love it when U2 plays in 6/8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom