New Video on U2.com Pt.2 (new 01/11/2009)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows what happened to "beach clip 4" though....remember Lanois said the band re-wrote several of the songs.

Who knows what happened to "beach clip 4" though....remember Lanois said the band re-wrote several of the songs.

Fair enough, chances are though they didn't re-write clip 4 because (as many on here have pointed out) it sounds absolutely brilliant as it is. The fact that Bono was also happy enough to blast it out at Eze makes me think they weren't unhappy with the final mix.

wow, yes this is clip 4 100% but wowwwwwww...I can't take this song anymore! Just imagine this song in its entirety with perfect quality sound...:ohmy:

I agree with whoever said that this song could be an instant classic....It seriously has an epicness to it that makes me think of Streets or WOWY or something of that nature....I don't mean it sounds like those songs, but it has that sort of epic vibe going on that makes me think this could be one of U2's greatest songs ever. :up:

It's definitely the one (beach clip 4) that got me most excited about the new album. Can't wait to hear it.

It's not negativity, people are just pointing out the obvious. Notice the Heartland/S. Eyes comparisons ? I thought of his 80's sounds as soon as I heard this...they've been using that increasingly in this decade and it just goes against the stuff we've been hearing about a departure.

It's just a guitar with a delay effect on it.
He's playing it to get the sound right, Dallas is tweaking the amps.

For all we know he kicked on a wah pedal after the camera stopped rolling.
For all we know this is one of 3 layered guitars in the mix.

To hear one bit of this silly video and determine anything beyond that this song (whatever it's called-my guess is this is Cedars) will be on the album is silly in and of itself.

And for the record, you can find that sound on every single U2 album ever made from Zooropa to ATYCLB to October to POP.

From what I hear in clip4, the drums alone are a departure.

P.S. The reason I think the song is done is because of how Bono sounds.
That's not a throw-away vocal.

I hope Beach Clip No. 4 is still Beach Clip No. 4 and they did not mess with it too much. Whatever this song will really be called in the end, it's absolutely amazing the way it sounded on the Eze recordings, so beautiful, and the fact that we hear it in the new video gives me hope that it will indeed be part of the new album.

I kinda dismissed the clips when I first heard them thinking they were just noise, never really listened to them on headphones, I had more important things to be doing at the time

Anyone want to resend them to me? johnshortt90[at]gmail.com

The newest one sounds pretty old-school. If it makes it onto the album, I will think of bananas whenever I hear it. :D

When Edge says "Put it down," he means record it, right? :reject:

No, I think he is telling Bono to put down the guitar. It belongs to Edge only. ;)

It's just a guitar with a delay effect on it.
He's playing it to get the sound right, Dallas is tweaking the amps.

For all we know he kicked on a wah pedal after the camera stopped rolling.
For all we know this is one of 3 layered guitars in the mix.

To hear one bit of this silly video and determine anything beyond that this song (whatever it's called-my guess is this is Cedars) will be on the album is silly in and of itself.

And for the record, you can find that sound on every single U2 album ever made from Zooropa to ATYCLB to October to POP.

From what I hear in clip4, the drums alone are a departure.

P.S. The reason I think the song is done is because of how Bono sounds.
That's not a throw-away vocal.

We all know what it is, and what Dallas' job is.

We can only talk about these bits (and the beach clips, if you can manage anything out of that muddy sound) as they are now. And for all the talk how this is a departure, I just think it's worth nothing this is a generic Edge guitar sound which he was able to change throughout his career, this particular bit just sounds like him mining his 80's chimey sound again.

For all we know...the song may have been re-written completely, or abandoned, or maybe it's a B-side now.

We all know what it is, and what Dallas' job is.

We can only talk about these bits (and the beach clips, if you can manage anything out of that muddy sound) as they are now. And for all the talk how this is a departure, I just think it's worth nothing this is a generic Edge guitar sound which he was able to change throughout his career, this particular bit just sounds like him mining his 80's chimey sound again.

For all we know...the song may have been re-written completely, or abandoned, or maybe it's a B-side now.

In my stupidity about what's happening in this video, I mistakenly thought this was the ENTIRE song, i.e., that U2 is recording a set of very short songs for very impatient people. In all seriousness, though, I compared the clip to Heartland in an earlier post because I was enthusiastic about hearing this sound. That's the type of sound that makes me like U2.

Hearing this after clip 4..if they record/produce this right this can be U2's greatest song, "quote me now" (singing like only love).

Hearing this after clip 4..if they record/produce this right this can be U2's greatest song, "quote me now" (singing like only love).

Agreed. I also think that the hook and driving beat could make this a huge hit for them--a song that teens, soccer moms, and hardcore fans alike will sing along to, belting out the chorus at the top of their lungs. That probably sounds ridiculous, but I really think it could have the universality of With or Without You.

Agreed. I also think that the hook and driving beat could make this a huge hit for them--a song that teens, soccer moms, and hardcore fans alike will sing along to, belting out the chorus at the top of their lungs. That probably sounds ridiculous, but I really think it could have the universality of With or Without You.

exactomento...this is what' i'm sayinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

imagine if U2 produced another WOWY or Streets...........? That's hard to imagine, but holy shit.....just imagine that!

I didn't hear anything in the recent clip that would lead me to believe this was the greatest song ever.

I just heard Edge tinkering with his guitar and settings while Bono sounded like he was warming up his vocal chords.

It's a neat clip though.

The new U2.com clip is beach clip 4 which is a complete song recorded by Ben at Eze during the summer.
it definately is.
I wonder... since there's no way of telling when these clips were recorded, it could very well be that this was recorded before I ever recorded the beach clips.

I can recall this u2.com clip guitar part being in the beach clip. It's not old skool, it's just the same sound and same rif that is in the beach clip. So while everyone is over-analyzing these clips, U2 already finished their album and laugh their asses of at these threads ;)

Am I the only one who thinks that this song clip is "Only Love"? Wasn't that the name of a song that was mentioned among the white board list of potential songs to be included on the album?

I can very clearly hear Bono singing the lyric "Ooooonly Looooooooooove"

Or are my ears deceiving me?

Am I the only one who thinks that this song clip is "Only Love"? Wasn't that the name of a song that was mentioned among the white board list of potential songs to be included on the album?

I can very clearly hear Bono singing the lyric "Ooooonly Looooooooooove"

Or are my ears deceiving me?

Youre correct. It definitely is. The "finished" version of the edge messing around on the guitar here is on beach clip #4.

I hope they release this as their first single. Im not in the mood for what may be sexy boots (vertigo style) as the first new thing i hear from them on the radio.

I want an instant classic, not an i-pod jam.

Youre correct. It definitely is. The "finished" version of the edge messing around on the guitar here is on beach clip #4.

I hope they release this as their first single. Im not in the mood for what may be sexy boots (vertigo style) as the first new thing i hear from them on the radio.

I want an instant classic, not an i-pod jam.

Let me preface this reply by stating that I'm abstaining from listening to the beach clips for a variety of reasons...one of which is that I listened to the HTDAAB clips and it totally ruined the album for me. Though its not easy to do.

That being said...

Someone mentioned that the song clip with Edge playing guitar could be Cedars? Is there a possibility that two songs were mixed together? :hmm:

Someone mentioned that the song clip with Edge playing guitar could be Cedars? Is there a possibility that two songs were mixed together? :hmm:

How could anyone possibly deduce from that short clip that it could be Cedars? :confused:

For some reason, I never thought of this beach clip 4 song as a single...I just assumed it would be one of the great, non single tracks off the record, or a single later down the line....but I guess it could be a single....

Also, I always believed that beach clip 4 was either the supposed 8 minute epic Moment of Surrender or another song we have heard nothing about....I'm not sure what song this is now...but at least we can be pretty sure that it's not Moment of Surrender....now THAT is some good news....so right now, three more than likely incredible tracks: No Line On the Horizion, Only Love (beach clip 4) , and Moment of Surrender....now throw in the other beach clip songs, and Cedars if it's not one of the beach clips...and this album is shaping up to be pretty awesome in my mind....we'll see :hyper:

on a side note, I wish U2 would not release another Vertigo-like single...Vertigo was fine, but I'm hoping for a different type of single this time...something a little different :shrug:

For some reason, I never thought of this beach clip 4 song as a single...I just assumed it would be one of the great, non single tracks off the record,

on a side note, I wish U2 would not release another Vertigo-like single...Vertigo was fine, but I'm hoping for a different type of single this time...something a little different :shrug:

I don't think clip 4 will be a single either.

As for the first single I think 'Breathe' would be ideal.

If this is "For Your Love" didnt Edge tell Q magazine a while ago that "It was one of the best riffs he's ever played" and that was a few weeks ago, so if this song [edgeputitdown] is the same as beach clip 4, its either a v old clip or the band have gone back to make some changes re-recording it.

I hope Beach Clip No. 4 is still Beach Clip No. 4 and they did not mess with it too much. Whatever this song will really be called in the end, it's absolutely amazing the way it sounded on the Eze recordings, so beautiful, and the fact that we hear it in the new video gives me hope that it will indeed be part of the new album.

E-x-a-c-t-l-y. :up::up::up:

If this is "For Your Love" didnt Edge tell Q magazine a while ago that "It was one of the best riffs he's ever played" and that was a few weeks ago, so if this song [edgeputitdown] is the same as beach clip 4, its either a v old clip or the band have gone back to make some changes re-recording it.

This is not For Your Love.

Let me preface this reply by stating that I'm abstaining from listening to the beach clips for a variety of reasons...one of which is that I listened to the HTDAAB clips and it totally ruined the album for me. Though its not easy to do.

That being said...

I find it bizarre and pretty hard to believe that listening to the beach clips ruined HTDAAB for you. Don't you think it was because you just didn't like the songs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom