NEW slower "What's going on" version produced by Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sledgehammer

The Fly
Good news!
MTV News say there will be 3 more versions of the track!

1.) A R&B version by Dupri

2.) A rock version manned by Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst, featuring Perry Farrell and Scott Weilard! (that would be very cool)

3.) A slower version produced by Bono
(the collaborators will be announced later this week, hmmm...interesting)

I can't wait to listen...

------------------
"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." JFK

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
I only hope that Bono's version is listenable. At least one of them needs to be a worthyt tribute to MG.

Who is MG? Was that an Interferncer we lost in the attack?!
frown.gif
I agree that the one out there now is awfully unlistenable, I hope the new one will be better.

I think this is a good idea. The original version was way too cluttered with vastly inflated egos in different musical spectrums. Splitting them up by these artists' places in the spectrum is much better.

Melon

------------------
How long must we sing this song?!

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
we lost some in the attack?! what?!
well, common sense almost was killed

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

The question is, who should be in the "Soul" version with Bono?

Looking at the list of artists participating in the first version, I can see a few voices that would work:

Gwen Stefani
Aaron Lewis (maybe)
Michael Stipe
Alicia Keys
Mary J. Blige
Darren Hayes

Of those, I'm really hoping for Gwen and Mr. Stipe to be in the mix.

(Hell, I'll be honest. Bono and Michael Stipe ought to do "What's Goin' On" as a duet.)

Originally posted by Achtung Bubba:
(Hell, I'll be honest. Bono and Michael Stipe ought to do "What's Goin' On" as a duet.)

Yeah.. although Gwen would probably do good in there as well. She tends to add very well to duets... just look at Southside

Originally posted by Achtung Bubba:

Well it seems a possiblity, as you can check in the making of- Bono and Stipe were sharing the microphone and laughing like kids.The real video of the making of What going on? is available at www.whats-going-on.org. The clip is worth checking for The Edge and a short Bono dance move with Beyonce.

------------------
THNIK

Back
Top Bottom