New official remix of Original of the Species -- Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Since we can't talk about dogs or U2Man ( :censored: ) or bannings, let's hope that we can at least talk about the original topics of U2-related stuff (or is it a spin-off thread to bring up a U2 topic that people may want to discuss that was closed for other reasons :scratch: ). Here's something that is certainly worth discussing:

SHOUT ABOUT IT: A NEW 'OOTS'
June 02, 2007
posted by: m2

Thanks to the folks at U2Spain.es for telling us about the "Original Of
The Species (Killahurtz Casa de Angeles Remix)", which immediately
becomes my choice for Best! Remix! Ever!

This new version of OOTS has never seen the light of day before, and
features a new lyrical outro. U2spain.es says that it's an official,
band-authorized remix. You can read more (en Espanol) at U2Spain.es,
where you'll also find a link to download the song and/or to watch the
video on YouTube.

http://www.u2spain. es/

the link to youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKVj_A30-HA

Last edited:
:tsk: You're going to get a time out/spanking from the mods, Utoo. And on your birthday, no less.

Haha...who doesn't love a good birthday spanking? :hyper:

Seriously, the remix is very good and I'll be damned if people aren't allowed to talk about it because of what happened in another thread. And if this thread gets closed for the sheer mention of another thread, that's just BS.

Back to OOTS.....

Stick to the Topic! Why did U2 not use this version of the song instead. It would have been a lot better.

I really hate the drums in the remix, but I like it otherwise. Much better than the album version.

it would be so sweet if they tried to do this version on the next tour. im really diggin it.

This remix is definately the better in my opinion, it has mroe atmosphere and I didn't like the strings too much. The end vocals are also cool.

Wow. I do really like the album version, but this one would've worked so much better on the album. In fact, I would've structured the last part of the album around it.

Crumbs-->Smile-->this version of OOTS-->Mercy

All these tracks have the same sort of guitar sound in them. I don't know music lingo well enough to describe it properly, but sort of that soaring, sonic quality Edge's playing sometimes has, as on COBL.

I tried watching the you tube video, and it wouldn't play solidly without constant stopping :mad: I'll have to try again. It did sound pretty cool! :up:

Lila64 said:
I tried watching the you tube video, and it wouldn't play solidly without constant stopping :mad: I'll have to try again. It did sound pretty cool! :up:

Just let it load for a bit and then play it, should work. :up: I had the same problem.

if OOTS were on Pop this is what it would sound like...therefore I approve :wink:

I don't know if I like it better than the original or single versions, but I do like this a lot. it has ATMOZFEER OMG S;LDKSJFKJ

OOTS is good in every form. Truly one of U2's best songs :up:

it's very cool. missing some of the exuberance of the original, but those who don't like the unabashed emotionalism of "bomb" would probably prefer it.

i do like how it highlights bono's superb singing on the track.

It's definitely one of their better remixes. There's more texture to it, and I actually quite like how Bono gets to basically solo the bridge. The drums sound a bit too...meh, though. And I have to admit I miss Edge's chimey guitar during the chorus. It's such a joyful riff.

hopefully with this being an official remix, we'll have a better quality mp3 soon. this 128kbps one has been floating around for over a month now.

Huh. I finally listened to it ... it's not bad. I don't dislike it, but it's not as I thought it would be after reading this thread.

Oh well. Life goes on.

Utoo said:
Since we can't talk about dogs or U2Man ( :censored: ) or bannings, let's hope that we can at least talk about the original topics of U2-related stuff (or is it a spin-off thread to bring up a U2 topic that people may want to discuss that was closed for other reasons :scratch: ).

My first thought was to close this thread, because it is in a spin-off...but I did actually feel bad closing a thread that did have a decent topic. As long as this stays on-topic, I have no problem with it.

This remix is :drool:

Has anyone notice the intro piano just before the bass sounds like the outro to Windows in the Skies.
Bono's vocals really stand out a lot too :yes:

I like that you get a lot more of the vocal track in the mix with the remix's production. All in all, it ain't bad.

Re: Re: New official remix of Original of the Species -- Part 2

Bonochick said:

a thread that did have a decent topic. As long as this stays on-topic, I have no problem with it.

I think that's fair. I think it'd be unfortunate if the subject of a thread with a decent topic that got derailed and closed wasn't allowed to be discussed. It shouldn't really count as a spin-off...just a continuation of a discussion that had nothing to do with what got another thread closed. Anyway, :up: for continuing discussion of this awesome song!

Re: Re: Re: New official remix of Original of the Species -- Part 2

Utoo said:
I think that's fair. I think it'd be unfortunate if the subject of a thread with a decent topic that got derailed and closed wasn't allowed to be discussed. It shouldn't really count as a spin-off...just a continuation of a discussion that had nothing to do with what got another thread closed. Anyway, :up: for continuing discussion of this awesome song!

lets not overdue it now :wink:

Re: Re: Re: Re: New official remix of Original of the Species -- Part 2

xaviMF22 said:

lets not overdue it now :wink:

Hey, now :wink:

Replace the original with this one, get rid of Miracle Drug and throw something cooler in that spot.....:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom