New band members in u2.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LeafsNation said:

Zeppelin had it right when they broke up after Bonham's death, and have retained their legendary status because of it(Ever notice how Zep have had their mystique and legendary status maintained and even increased while the Who's has waned to some degree because of all of the "comebacks" minus members). U2 would not be U2 without any of the four guys.

you're 100% right. this is exactly why the Beatles hold mystique while the Stones don't.

Palace_Hero said:

Oh he contributed, just not massive contributions. And without Adam U2 wouldn't be who they are today no doubt.

However if U2 could find a more talented player who fit their dynamic I think they'd be perfect.

Really, because somehow I'd imagine Larry wouldn't go for that. Larry admits he's not a virtuoso, I suppose someone who does "guitar olympics" (Edge's words), on bass would alter U2's sound, but better?

++++++++++++++

I was curious as to what other bassists think of Adam, and came across this thread, interesting. According to one person, the bass is the only melody in some of the Pop album songs.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3311&highlight=Adam+Clayton

The thread is only 3 pages long but interesting. If nothing else, Adam's bass tone is unique among rock bassists.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom